Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know youve played Imperialism 2 too long when ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know youve played Imperialism 2 too long when ....

You go to a Hasidic wedding, and you think "wow, this place is productive enough to build a huge army of Guards"
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Re: You know youve played Imperialism 2 too long when ....

....you've played Imperialism 2.

Comment

You buy a new soundcard to get around a rare bug with your exisiting one so you can hear the fx in one of the two games it seems to affect (the other being EU2)

Just can't play games in silence (or to music).

Comment

.........you load up the game just to watch the opening animation(well collection of nice hand painted stills really ) and hear the period music
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

....you start threads about stupid games like Imperialism 2.

Comment

... you think that people other than yourself are still playing it 6 years after it's release.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

... you can beat it on default and harder difficulty settings!
              Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

Lol I like the last one.
                Beating it on hard took me so long.
                I then started planning on paper my win on Impossible but never got around to it.

Comment

It's really just a gamble whether you win or not... it mostly comes down to what resources you can find and claim before the others.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

You can always take them.

Comment

Yes... but not as easily. Who gets to what first really determines the game, in my experience. It can shift around once the powers have established themselves, of course, but the innitial exploration is a crucial point in the game, and it mostly comes down to luck.

Not to say that's a bad thing, though. Exploration is one of the things I enjoy most about these style of games.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

actually i havent played Imp 2 in a while, either. You walk into a hasidic wedding though, and you almost want to fire up the game again.
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

I have a question though.
                          A hasidic is some kind of Jew right?
                          What does it have to do with Imp 2?
                          I didn't really get the OP.

Comment

LotM is clearly dying for someone to ask, as he posted it twice. Don't humour him.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                              LotM is clearly dying for someone to ask, as he posted it twice. Don't humour him.

Comment

Working...
                              X