Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best music to play games to

I nominate "Blowing in the Wind" when you're playing an FPS

I nominate the intended soundtrack of the game.
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
      I nominate the intended soundtrack of the game.
      I was going to say somethign to that effect but didn't feel like being a smart ass at the moment.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd

I was going to say somethign to that effect but didn't feel like being a smart ass at the moment.
        But you end up getting the +1 anyways.

Comment

Spoiler:
          I also got to be a smart ass, too

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I remember playing Arena (Elder Scrolls 1) back in ... 1992? somewhere about then, and my sound card didn't work properly for the soundtrack - so I ran the "oldies" radio station all summer long while playing the game start to finish. (This was like 8th grade or somewhat). Now I can't listen to a song from the period 1965-1979 (period the station played during the day) without thinking of Arena ... and it was an eerily cooperative soundtrack sometimes, too ...
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
              Spoiler:
              I also got to be a smart ass, too

That too.

Comment

I nominate whatever I happen to be listening to at the time. Sure, it generally isn't appropriate to the game I'm playing, but then neither are most games actual soundtracks and at least this way I enjoy the music.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

That's what I do for most games, except Halo

Comment

I always listen to the in-game music, unless it is too distracting.
                    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I always listen to the in-game music.
                      The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

While the game's own music is usually the best, there are a few games that I associate with particular songs;

Dark Age of Camelot: The Immigrant Song - Mainly because I always played Midgard, plus the kittens in that flash animation remind me of berzerkers in bear form.

Shadowbane: Dragonaut and Where Is My Mind - mainly because of the people I played with.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Originally posted by Unspeakable Horror
                          I always listen to the in-game music.

Comment

music is distracting for most games. I won't have music for a RPG, as I want to feel like I'm in the world. And modern music takes me out of that world.

I mostly listen to music when playing games like civ2, civ3, and smac.

Comment

wow, 2nd on topic post in two days!

always listen to music when i play games, mostly EDM, all good stuff
                              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Working...
                              X