No announcement yet.

Guild Wars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melee ward works wonders there, though. Can't be removed.

Has me considering ward against harm from the water line, though, for the same reason that it wouldnt be removable. But, I'm still partial to the 50% miss from Melee ward.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
      Its a dead class to me. I didn't put any points into the Mesmer Attributes, and I don't really intend to.
      Well if you have another plan for getting energy you don't really need it. On my E/Me I plan to use energy stealing powers. I don't think the scope for devious ploys like yours is quite so rich for Elementalists, though I'll look into it.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369
        Oh - and my Warrior 7 Cpl Carrot is in Ascalon (but with great armor and weapon ) and my Ranger 17 Angua vonUberwald is in ... hmm, one of the druidesque cities. Magrat Garlick (20 Mo/E) is in the Mursaat area, i think the 3rd or 4th area post-infusion (and now infused )

SirOsis, I don't think R/Mo would work very well ... Mo just doesn't add enough as a secondary. Mo works well as a secondary with Warrior (because it has some Adrenalin skills, plus you can use the +3hp/sec regen enchantment to help you tank better), and as a "primary" secondary with Elementalist (as E gives it a huge energy stash), but it doesn't add much to Ranger (who shouldn't be getting hit too often, thus no significant bonus from the enchantment, and there's no adrenalin to use).

Ranger should probably go with
        1) Mesmer - lots of good things here, that help your bow skills work better; also some energy regen to let you use more bow skills
        2) Warrior - lets you tank a bit better, and especially if you decide not to use a Bow as your primary but focus on the other ranger skills (wilderness or beast master i guess?). I've seen some R/W that use a dual weapon wield (one is a Longbow [for range, used to pull and to Pin Down]; one is an axe [for melee]) that are REALLY good. Ranger armor may not be as good as warrior armor, but R/W has some nifty uses.
        3) E or N - not really useful, but you can curse or use some of the E skills that are similar (mostly earth/air/water). Also effective if you want your Ranger to be mostly a wilderness/beastmaster - you can add E or N to that to allow you to do some actual damage while doing your other things (especially N).
        Ranger/Necro for mass life drain is an awesome combo though.

Comment

Now... how about a W/E with focus in Earth to use Armour of Earth, Watch Yourself! and Ward Against Melee The tank that would not die

-Jam
          This is on my shortlist for my warrior ubertank build!

Comment

• And Bonetti's Defence of course too
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Don't leave home without it.

Comment

• I just got my first 3 fame points Now... how does one beat the Koreans?
                1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

• My friends have suggested getting the Collector's Edition since it comes with a headset. My instinct tells me it'll be a piece of crap since it's bundled, but has anyone here actually got it, and is it worth anything? It'd be a w00tly way to co-ordinate, in any case. And is there a built-in talk thingee in the game itself (I'd imagine since there's a bundled headseat)? I'm also looking into getting vanilla games and headsets separately, in case that'd be cheaper.

Edit: Finnish stores don't seem to carry the CE pretty much at all anyway, so I think this is not an issue anyway.
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• There's no built-in talk - people use teamspeak or type. I just had a PvP battle lasting 45 minutes in Hall of Heros This game is awesome.

We lost

Comment

• how do those things go?

because I think that if I play for more then a month or two I will have to get into it

JM
                      Jon Miller-
                      I AM.CANADIAN
                      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• Headset is actually a good one - it's a Logitech. Most well organized guilds have Teamspeak, although it costs money for the server. I use only the headphone part, but that works fine, and it has an attached volume control in the cord that's nice.
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I just got my first 3 fame points Now... how does one beat the Koreans?
                          Nice Koreans are unbeatable, sadly.
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Not unbeatable, just good.

Comment

• Teamspeak isn't subtitled in the game?
                              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X