Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Game?

What should I get guys?

I liked Half Life 2, Doom 3 for their beauty (graphics). I haven't yet tried Brothers in Arms but I have it. I also tried FarCry but I didn't like to so much.

But my all time favourite games remains Baldur's Gate, X-Com series. I just bought WoW but what else should I be looking forward getting?

I'm waiting for San Andreas to come out to PC (should be any day now), but come on people, let's hear it. Any good RPGs coming out for example?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Hmm, your favourites are an RPG and a turn based game.

Several possibilities arise but I'll plump for KotOR/KotOR2 as a good recent RPG, and waiting for Civ4 for a turn based game.

Comment

KotoR love here too, also. Rome: Total War has a hight w00tlyness quotient as well.
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

'Cept for nasty bugs.

Comment

Then just get Shogun Total War- I haven't found any bugs there Just because it's a bit outdated... doesn't mean it's bad.
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
            'Cept for nasty bugs.
            I haven't found ANY bugs.
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

KotOR?

King of the ... Original Rampage?
              In da butt.
              "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

Knights of the Old Republic.

It only sold about 3.2 million copies and won a huge bunch of awards so you probably haven't heard of it. Of course, as it is a Star Wars game it didn't get much publicity.

Or you could ask Mr Google. Probably the first 5,000 search results would have saved you

-Jam

Comment

Tried UFO Aftermath? Has some of that X-Com flavor.
                  "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                  "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                  2004 Presidential Candidate
                  2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Now the summer's coming, you need...... Swingball!
                    On the computer... erm....
                    I'm amazed that Supercitizen hasn't entered the fray in City of Heroes yet, but maybe that's just not your thing.

Comment

star wars game??? yuk....
                      In da butt.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                        Knights of the Old Republic.

It only sold about 3.2 million copies and won a huge bunch of awards so you probably haven't heard of it. Of course, as it is a Star Wars game it didn't get much publicity.

Or you could ask Mr Google. Probably the first 5,000 search results would have saved you

-Jam

Don't be mean.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski

I haven't found ANY bugs.
                          There is a huge bug with reloading and sieges (one that was claimed to be a 'feature'). I'm surprised you haven't heard of it. The talk on the forums was (is?) of nothing else for months.

Comment

Kotor was nice, but to be honest I expected more. The game was simply not very challenging. I never died, and there were hardly any tactical decisions needed to win battles. Other skills like hacking and stealth are totally useless. Okay the gfx were nice and sometimes the dialogues were quite entertaining but that's about it.

RTW is awesome, but it needs a lot of updating. It's completely unrealistic (so modded skins and balancing issues are compulsory!), especially with units like druids, gladiators, ninjas etc...
                            Also, the battles were awfully easy. I could beat 3500 gauls with 600 Romans. I never lost a battle unless it were just a few garrisson units defending, the only difficulty is that the AI spams units like crazy so you have to keep fighting and winning without actually advancing much
                            "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                            "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

There is a huge bug with reloading and sieges (one that was claimed to be a 'feature'). I'm surprised you haven't heard of it. The talk on the forums was (is?) of nothing else for months.
                              That bug totally wasted the game...
                              "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
                              "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
                              X