No announcement yet.

Games and health.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@Dr.Spike - well you know how to get around the gf issue(convert her into a serious gamer). That should add atleast 10hrs per week onto your ration

@ Carlos - kids won't get in the way, they'll no doubt be beging me to get of their PS6/Xbox5's(although with most console games it probably wont take that long ).

And you can never game too much, only too little

EDIT: I wonder if LotM has found a way to physicaly spend longer in front of his computer?
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolus Rex

Have you left Academia and have a job in the real world?
      Yeah, if I was still there I'd make 30 posts per day and still have time to get in 25 hours of gaming a week.

The real world sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor
        @Dr.Spike - well you know how to get around the gf issue(convert her into a serious gamer). That should add atleast 10hrs per week onto your ration
        I have had some limited successes. We played through the 2 expansions to NWN together, and are currently playing some Guild Wars together. I'm pretty sure she will lose interest before me though.

Currently it adds up to 5 hours per week to the 15 standard, so I hope it continues for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

Yeah, if I was still there I'd make 30 posts per day and still have time to get in 25 hours of gaming a week.

The real world sucks.
          So, generally speaking, what kind of job do you have (if you don't mind me poking)?

Second question, do the things you've learnt in the PhD program have any use out there in real life?

Carolus

Comment

Not at all, though I'll struggle to relate it to gaming and health.

I am an economic adviser to the UK government on labour market issues, and yes, my Ph.D training has come in useful. If nothing else it makes people listen to my views before they rubbish them.

Comment

I am an economic adviser to the UK government on labour market issues, and yes, my Ph.D training has come in useful. If nothing else it makes people listen to my views before they rubbish them.
              Heh, heh!

But do you use the more technical aspects of your education like, say, econometric estimation techniques?

Carolus

Comment

Originally posted by child of Thor

EDIT: I wonder if LotM has found a way to physicaly spend longer in front of his computer?
                generally ive settled into just playing more limited blocs of time, no more than 90 minutes or so every other day. Though this past holdiday weekend i played rather more than that.

Im not sure I WANT to play more. Not that ive outgrown gaming, but I want to keep things in balance.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Carolus Rex

Heh, heh!

But do you use the more technical aspects of your education like, say, econometric estimation techniques?

Carolus
                  Sometimes, when there is time to do proper analysis.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                    Im not sure I WANT to play more. Not that ive outgrown gaming, but I want to keep things in balance.
                    Heathen!

Comment

Heathen!
                      Actually its the heathen that are the problem. Ive finally got 3 provinces in South America converted to Catholicism, and its just so hard to leave the game when it wont be long before I have enough funds to send a missionary to yet ANOTHER province.
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

When you play games you lose vitality points!
                        money sqrt evil;
                        My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark

generally ive settled into just playing more limited blocs of time, no more than 90 minutes or so every other day. Though this past holdiday weekend i played rather more than that.

Well good for you RL can be just as fun as gaming, and when the revolution comes we will need 'real' people to destroy skynet
                          'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Working...
                          X