No announcement yet.

World of Warcraft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you play games with similiarily intensive graphics without any problems? Check how hot your graphics card and other components are when this happens.

How long does the music keep playing? Is the computer still "on", or does it turn off?

The monitor losing signal sounds like it could be overheating (but could quite likely be something else entirely).
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Well I've played significantly more 'intensive' games. First the monitor goes blank, then about 2 or 3 seconds after that, the music stops. Actually the computer does not shut down, but the signal won't return, and ctrl+alt+delete won't work either, so I have to reboot my puter 'manually'. I do not think it's overheating problem.
      In da butt.
      "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
      THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
      "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Usually monitor 'losing signal' is driven by refresh rate/resolution problems. If it happens at the same part each time I'd say it is a strong possibility. Just try knocking the resolution down for a test.

I'd say you want to hope it's that, as otherwise fried monitor looks the most likely explanation.

Comment

No not in the same part. After appx the same time. About in few minutes, it goes down.
          In da butt.
          "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius

Comment

I tried with the lowest resolution, same thing.
            In da butt.

Comment

AHHHHHHHHH. FINALLY it works properly. And with excellent resolution. What a game, I'm already addicted and I'm still learning.
              In da butt.

Comment

So what fixed it?

Comment

getting some new beta drivers... I had the latest drivers already when it wasn't working but not these beta drivers so I tested them out and voila, it worked.
                  In da butt.

Comment

So, Pekka, what server are you on? What race, class, etc...

Tell us

Asmodean
                    Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Ok I have one character in ... can't remember the realm . It's undead was it, horde anyway, warlock. The name is Umbrela! Still like 9th level little loser but getting there.

Then I have the other character, Rembun, Alliance, warrior.. just boring typical teenage choice. I couldn't be arsed with it, since it was my test character to see how the game works. But I just played with that one too.
                      In da butt.

Comment

Working...
                      X