Free MMORPGS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free MMORPGS

Apparently there are few MMORPGs that doesn't require you to pay monthly fees to play - just purchase the software...

Guild Wars' one of them.

So far I've determined that Legends of Might and Magic are also free as well. However according to reviews, it also stinks.

I'm a cheapskate and a former mudder. I'm accustomed to mudding for free with occasional donations so the idea of having to pay an online fee in order to play a mmorpg makes me wince.

Do you know of any others? Have you played those? What are your thoughts?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Barinthus; May 12, 2005, 00:36.
    Who is Barinthus?

Folderol

Comment

AO has a the original game which is still free, I believe

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I'm with you Bar. Once I buy a game I don't want to have to pay a monthly fee to play it.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I'm told that lineage 2 has some good free servers, but it's a crummy game, and the 'official' servers do cost money to play on.

I'm with you Bar. Once I buy a game I don't want to have to pay a monthly fee to play it.
          For me, it's the other way around.... I don't mind paying a monthly fee, but that makes it really hard to justify the initial full-cost purchase.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I don't like paying at all.

I guess I was spoilt by the year-long beta period with Dransik. :|
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Play guild wars - though it isn't a MMORPG it's close and free, and looks awesome.

Comment

I honestly thought that link would not work.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I closed that window rapidly. I saw YEARS of my life slipping though my fingers.
                  1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                  That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                  Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                  Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

indeed
                    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

I'm looking at that list, all I see is fantasy ones. Any futuristic ones like fallout? that's what I might enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                        Folderol
                        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

as in the kyasid discipline?
                          I wasn't born with enough middle fingers.
                          [Brandon Roderick? You mean Brock's Toadie?][Hanged from Yggdrasil]

Comment

Folderol as in the Neverwinter Nights persistant world.
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
                              Nod

Saw AO, I'll try it some time soon. Apparently my search turned up couple of free MMORPGs but most of them are... interesting.

I'm sure of them are good although not graphic intensive but cannot be arsed to wade through those stuff.

Am serious considering either NWN or Guild Wars for summer fun.
                              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Working...
                              X