No announcement yet.

Time for some retro fun...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Law of the West" -> Law schools in West Virginia...

"Law of the West: C64" ->

Found a site with some screenshots... Don't recognise it at all! It looks so, so..., so primitive! Not anything like the game I remember...

Carolus

Comment

Here's a description from http://www.paleface.net/filelotw.html

Check out the fifth paragraph! "Don't call the doc a drunk"! Why can't I remember important things like my wife's birthday when I remember a feature of a 20 year old computer game?!!!

"Law of the West was a great ol' game back in th' days before 3D cards an' even Windows. My gal Big Nose Kate had it on her ol' Apple IIsomethin' an' we got a great kick out of it.

Basically you played th' sheriff of a tough lil' town in th' Old West an' yer objective was ta survive ta sunset. Makin' this difficult was a large cast of colorful characters, some up ta no good, some tryin' ta help ya.

You go through a series of one-on-one encounters in th' streets of th' town an' yer responses to their greetings began a conversation. Dependin' on how th' conversation went they might help ya, walk away or try an' shoot ya in which case you had to quickly draw your gun an' return fire."

It continues:

"Have fun an' keep in mind that different characters respond better or worse to different tones of conversation. Each conversation alters the encounters to follow.

The most important person is the Doctor. If you get along with him (don't call him a drunk, don't hit on his girlfriend) he will save you if you happen to get shot. Strangely enough you always get shot in the arm but it's fatal if he doesn't give you a little pick-me-up, which he won't do if he's angry with you.

Play through at least a couple times to explore the many different conversations and confrontations that result from your responses to the various characters. Can you foil the bank heist and stage robbery?

Your final score depends on how effective you were at foiling crime and aiding those in need, not jus' on how many people you gun down. In fact, gunning everyone down in cold blood is the best way to get a really low score. Can be fun though. ;D"

It sure was!

Carolus

Comment

Oh...

If that site is one you cannot mention or post links to (I have no idea about what's acceptable or not in that regard), please let me know ASAP and I'll remove it immediately.

Carolus

Comment

An impressive +4.

Comment

Yeah...Law of the West was a great game. I remember playing it a lot, when I was a kid - and I even found an emulator version that works under XP, so I played it not too long ago

Asmodean
            Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

An impressive +4.
              I learn from the best!

Carolus

Comment

Working...
              X