Time for some retro fun...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Carolus Rex
    I mostly remember Pitstop II, Track and Field (we wasted at least 10 joysticks with that one), a Western game where you walked around and tried to figure out something (a bank robbery?) and some cool ninja game...

You could call the doc a drunkard in the Western game, but if you got hurt later on he wouldn't help you and you'd bleed to death...
    I remember that western game* where you walked around town and talked to various people while standing in a position to be ready to shoot
    Though for me it wasn't that much about talking, it was mostly just about shooting the people walking in the background, and from time I would also pick some random saying to see if I could get the other guy angry so we could see who was quickest
    I never found out what the game was actually about since at that time I understood just as much english as I understand chinese today so I always ended up picking random lines

* or at least I believe we're talking about the same game
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

On a sidenote:

Today I decided that I wanted to play Lemmings 1. I did a little search and found a dos version of the game... to no suprise it didn't run in WinXP. After a bit more search I found a Windows version of the game. It runs "great", meaning the game runs at normal speed and such, there's just a few problems with the game:
      I can't maximize the window, so I can only see a little bit of the gamefield, and with the resolution the game uses that makes it about 10% of the desktop
      And because of the small gamefield I have to use scrolling, but there's no edge-scrolling only some right-click scrolling which is hell

But I can live with those two problems, at least the gameplay still rules so no big deal... the big problem with the game is the ESC-key: Whenever I press it it pauses and minimizes the game, and when I maximize again "tries" to go fullscreen so it ends up "hiding" the menu (hiding as in "the menu keeps blinking but you can't use it") and puts the game in the top-left corner (playing the game in that corner is just annoying)
      This can be avoided if I stop using the ESC-key... but I can't... all games have the ESC-key as a pause/menu key so whenever I need a break I press ESC before I start to think about what it actually does (I do this in all games)

Oh, and one more thing: DO NOT use fast-forward... I believe it's a tiny bit broken (when clicking on it it takes less than a second before time is out)

Does anyone else have this game and have these problems?

Comment

with older games just lower your desktop resolution to increase the gamescreen size - you'll get a more pixelated view, but it will be larger than 10% of your screen monitor.
        I play Lemmings on my Amiga every now and then, usualy when a friend comes over - lots of fun
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

I wish I still have the Amiga, but it died

And lowering the desktop resolution makes other things worse

Comment

You only have to do it temporarily though. Just put everything back once you've had your fill of slaughtering rescuing lunatic Scandinavians with a suicide wish.

Comment

But then I can't surf 'Poly while playing it

Comment

stuck between a rock and a hard place ADG?

well i'd vote you leave of poly for an hour or so and change your screen resolution to allow you to play lemmings as it should be played.

We will all still be here when you get back to tell us how old it feels now
                'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

I actually don't mind how tiny it is, so I wont bother changing screen resolution (even though it only takes like two clicks )
                  I've played a good part of the game already (still a long way to go though) and love it
                  It's the ESC-key that annoys me, but so far I've only pressed it once or twice today

Comment

I played a few mayhem levels from Oh no More Lemmings a while back. Such a simple concept; such a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident

my mother did that for me.

and she sold all my hot wheels.
                      one of the few things ive kept from childhood was my collection of hot wheels, and matchbox cars. POTM got to play with them, and now shes outgrown them. A bit of history.
                      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio

I remember that western game* where you walked around town and talked to various people while standing in a position to be ready to shoot
                        It has to be the same one!

You saw the character a little bit from behind, his right side somewhat towards you. Not the whole body, maybe from knees to shoulder?

You don't remember the name by any chance?

There was a mexican character right in the beginning of the game, very abusive... That one was difficult not to duel with...

I don't remember all the things the game was about, but the gathering of information to prevent (?) the bank robbery was one...

Carolus

Comment

Sorry no, I don't remember the name... it does sound like the same game though

Comment

Law of the West, we've had that game over at the "name the game" thread.
                            Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

I remember that one - hopefully it was me who got it.

Comment

Originally posted by CapTVK

Law of the West, we've had that game over at the "name the game" thread.

Over to Google and see if I can find something about it...

Carolus

Comment

Working...
                                X