FG: Galactic Overlord 8, Part 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• joncha
        Jaguar
        Kassiopeia
        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• And to think I had already put on my dying boots back in round ten or so.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jaguar

I know we have never met, but you have always been like a father to me.
            No more accurate statement appears in this thread, excepting those praising Joncha's wondrous victory.
            <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
            I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by snoopy369

Sparrowhawk, btw, is grossly misattributing my beliefs.

I DO NOT BELIEVE IN ALLIED VICTORIES. I am not a communist, and wholly believe in a sole winner. See a certain Nuclear War game if you want evidence of this.
              I obviously wasn't clear either, as I also disagree with allowing allied victories (and voted against them at one point I think.

I just would sooner lose the game than attack an ally.

After the enemies are eliminated I would happily determine a method of determining victory with my allies.

/me
              "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Oh, i think that you have to attack allies at some point, but that point will be pretty clear to both players. See what happened in this game - LN, regardless of his protests otherwise, was clearly done being my ally, and we had disagreed pretty substantially about what to do next (this being the beginning of the win-vs-2nd-place argument, actually!) ... at which point it was clear I needed to attack him. That, and the fact that he kept refusing to allow me to attack with him and Jonny against Joncha (the turn i attacked him, and he betrayed Jonny). I think that's how GO works - you eventually split, but I am probably at the average of people as to how long the alliances will last

Sparrow, you are free to believe that you should never attack an ally - and that makes you a good ally, I suppose - but I don't think that's a feasible strategy for winning a GO game. It just is too unlikely you'll never be 'betrayed' per se, unless you never ally ...
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• or unless I only ally with people of a like way of thinking....and I think I am not alone here (or maybe I am ).

/me
                  "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

Working...
                  X