No announcement yet.

FG: The Future of Galactic Overlord - Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And it isn't based on scissors paper rock flamethrower.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
      Alien - May not use spies or shields. Immune to spies and shields.

So aliens attacking a shielded player get through and still attack?
      Yep. For the reason of their unstoppable attack and non-existant defence I imagine all human players are going to band together and destroy the aliens on the first round though

-Jam
      1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
      That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
      Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
      Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia
        A fourth weapon? Heresy! What weapon would it be 2x against, hmm?
        HERETIC!
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Mortars IN SPACE
          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

traits
            mortars
            allied defense

alien "trait" ...no shield = fast death.....

Comment

About the paranoid trait

The paranoid trait is too weak. It offers you protection for one turn, and after that, it's completely useless. A person who picks the paranoid trait wastes the opportunity of having a better bonus instead.

I think we should tweak the paranoid trait so that it remains useful for the rest of the game.

I have two possible suggestions:
              1. You build a free extra spy each time you build a special (generator or spy)
              OR, 2. You can build counter-espionage units.

The free spy thing could considerably help one's defense (after all, that's what being paranoid is about). The counter espionage corresponds to the theme, but it's pretty weak IMO.
              "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
              "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
              "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Yes, paranoid is way too weak.

BTW, GO 2.0 is nearing conclusion, and although it had moments of awesomeness, the base improvements, especially, made people wussy. I think original GO is superior, although GO 2.0 could do well with some modifications.
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                  Yes, paranoid is way too weak.

BTW, GO 2.0 is nearing conclusion, and although it had moments of awesomeness, the base improvements, especially, made people wussy. I think original GO is superior, although GO 2.0 could do well with some modifications.
                  QFT.

GO 2.0 rules encourage a much quieter, defensive game...

Comment

Agreed. I'm hoping Allied Defence will be what will promote a defensive play that won't be too damn defensive.
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Allied defence has a built-in cost that makes it non-uber.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

• So, I just read over the traits for the first time ... hmm. Waaay too many of them, imo, for one ... and two of them each ?? ... hmm.

Jamski, you up for a game of Cosmic Encounter after this? (You must certainly have heard of this game, and based these on it, practically ... even the names for the traits are spot on to that game ... )
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• GO 2.0 is complete, and it was generally agreed that although the game had its moments, original GO is superior.

We shall start the game with traits shortly.

Comment

Working...
                          X