No announcement yet.

Empire Earth II Constructive thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious discussion only, or I may decide to be unreasonable to those that don't.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
      Serious discussion only, or I may decide to be unreasonable to those that don't.
      You closed the thread with serious discusion, this one's mostly just spam.
      Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Well this one had serious discussion in the title so it won due to lazyness.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

This game got a 94 in PC lamer mag. WTF? I do not have an opinion on this one, I can't stand RTS games.
          We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Most big mag/site reviews have to be taken with a pinch of salt these days, unfortunately.

Comment

I am wondering about an issue and actually have seen it attract attacks upon ones civilization

WALLS

Should I build them along an outer perimeter for defense and then a very aggressive line of defense with perhaps a channeled effect into a bottleneck to defend against and actualy make what is called a murder hole?

I read once where the ai searches such things as towers and walls and attacks and simplly follows the wall that was built, basically what you have done is put treats out for the doggy to follow you home

On the other hand I have had some success with layered effects where a series of walls is built and the ai needs to go through many

Any thoughts?

It is early in the game and I was doing an outer perimeter when the ai appeared out of nowhere (well somewhere but not where I saw them settled at) and had about 40 riders

this made me think that they perhaps had a scout and when it detected my wall it honed in on me

Just wondering is all

Gramps

on a side note in AOE:II The Conquerors I noted same thing the ai would hone in on bombarb towers and walls with bombarb cannons and trebuchets and make a hole then burst thru

of course if you were ready then you simply stalled them and built a murder hole while assembling quick strike calvary or marmelukes to raid their territory and then they had to retreat somewhat of their efforts

Ok

Just asking

Gramps
              Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Gramps, sorry to say this, but most people here on Apolyton only know how to spam (saying something when no one wants to know) or complain, which you clearly stated that you didn't want.

Democracy can work, but people are too stupid to understand it fully.
                be free

Comment

Oh and I was going to say that I am going to play it one day (maybe I will get the demo now if there is one) and I will tell you what GOOD things I think of it.

(wait for it, some smart arse will say there's nothing good about it)
                  be free

Comment

I have no problems with voicing ones opinions just one after another saying a game is crap is well, spamming.

ok

I played around a little lasy night to see what the ai does

I had a gigantic map and started 4 different games

I was about just shy of halfway on the map when I built a wall (started to) and the ai sent a trio of military units and started attacking my citizens and as soon as the assault started waves of a mish mash of bombardment,mounted and foot soldiers started resembling an ant hill work force toward my civ

This tells me the ai is aggressive

Ok
                    several posts applied to and verified that the ai does do coordinated attacks

I am going to try a few different strategies to see how the ai responds
                    I am not yet gotten to play a game as I am trying to report findings so this game gets at least a fair shake

I am so far pleased

I will say in respect to the EPOCHSYSTEM it is a race to get to the various crowns

I decided that what I needed was more citizens and if you are first to the economic crown then I select immigration of left side which gives you three citizens free

in military crown I am usualy not set up with complete wall system yet so I go with the (I forget the actual name) selection for more hit points for units

Ok

Ill post more after next go around

Gramps

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                      Oh and I was going to say that I am going to play it one day (maybe I will get the demo now if there is one) and I will tell you what GOOD things I think of it.

(wait for it, some smart arse will say there's nothing good about it)
                      yes Empire Earth II Demo for your enjoyment from Sierra

Comment

downloaded it lastnight, will play it tonight hopefully

(I am bound to get nagged at from my girl for this. She takes an hour to put makeup on, and I can't even play a game for 10 minutes. But I have been nagged at for so long now that I have learned to block out her nags and continue doing what I want to do )
                        be free

Comment

Couldn't play it, computer not up to scratch.

Going to upgrade in a month or two months time to top of the line
                          be free

Comment

Working...
                          X