Free online adventure games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free online adventure games?

Is there good resources for free online games? I'm thinking of Yahoo! Games, for instance. I've checked those out, but I guess I'm looking for adventure games like Bard's Tale or D&D (the computer version). Graphical interface is preferable, but not necessary.

I'm guessing this has been brought up before, so if there is a thread on it, I would appreciate a link.

Thanks!
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Try the place that cannot be spoken of. Lots of old adventure game classics can be found in those hallowed walls.

Comment

Perhaps that place can be spoken about rather than spoken of?
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

To speak its name is forbidden by he who must not be spoken of.

Comment

But I have sent word to you post haste. You should check your communications.

Comment

Spike, he wants on-line ones, not just the oldies.
            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

what are online adventure games?

Comment

I assumed he meant downloadable as I don't know what an online adventure game is.

Dan if you want a free MP RPG (in terms of no monthly costs) then check out the Neverwinter Nights threads.

There are totally free games, but nothing that I've seen that is particularly inspiring.

Comment

Lots of muds out there. I haven't played any for ages, though, so I couldn't recomend one.
                  Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

There are all sorts of MUDs.

There is also Kingdom of Loathing, which can be mildly amusing for awhile.
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

For a suprisingly long time, in some instances.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Hmm... it looks like our KoL clan is all but empty. Kinda sad, in a way.
                        ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                          For a suprisingly long time, in some instances.
                          Some of us are easily amused
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

about 8 years ago I chanced on an online adventure mystery set in ancient Rome - it had sort of Myst like graphics, and the gameplay was straightforward (go around looking for cues, opening scrolls, etc) but it was nice looking, very mysterious. Ive no idea what it was called or where it is.
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

That's pretty unhelpful then.

Comment

Working...
                              X