This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FG: Diplomacy?

OK, I know technically there's a separate forum for diplomacy, but it's not being played there, and it really fits in quite well here (being in basically the same genre as, say GO). So how about a diplomacy game?

For those of you unfamiliar with the game, rules are here and other information can be found at www.diplomacy-archive.com, among other sites. I also strongly recommend downloading Realpolitik and playing around with it to get a good feel for the mechanics.

So who wants to play? Post to join and include your country preferences and any contact info, as well as any thoughts on specifics of running the game (amount of time between turns, etc). If no one else wants to GM, I will, but I would also like to play at the same time if that's all right.

Player/country preferences/contact/other:
    civman2000 GRFETAI {my username}@hotmail, but PMs are preferred.
    duke o' york? F ??
    Gamecube64 ?? Gamecube64 caspiansea_weed148 (TA) hotmail (TOD) com
    Snotty REGTFAI Snotty 128 fat gmail
    Attached Files
    Last edited by civman2000; April 30, 2005, 07:59.

I look forward to Paradox's Diplomacy. I have never played any Diplomacy games, but when the new game comes, I hope to get a fresh Paradox style game that lasts for years to come.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Diplomacy is fun.
      However, the separate forum is really the place to play, and I doubt that Rah will disagree with me here. But a good advert for an entertaining game.
      You can count me in as France if you want to start a new game in the relevant forum. I played at CFC "in character", and it was lots of fun. As long as the mod of the Stories & Diplomacy forum doesn't mind me posting entirely in French then I'll definitely play.

Comment

I'll join in.

Gamecube64 caspiansea_weed148 (TA) hotmail (TOD) com

Could we get a map with province names and sea names?
        I changed my signature

Comment

However, the separate forum is really the place to play, and I doubt that Rah will disagree with me here. But a good advert for an entertaining game.
          How is a separate forum necessary? In the past, games I have tried to participate in the separate forum have died because the forum is too inactive; I don't see any reason other than tradition that it wouldn't belong here, and the game would (I think) be much more active.

Could we get a map with province names and sea names?
          If I GM, my maps would be generated by Realpolitik, which can include abbreviated names but only in a very cluttered fashion. I guess if I had time I could be less lazy and base them off of this map, which is the best map with names I can find. Also see http://www.diplomacy-archive.com/dip...plomacy%20Maps for more maps and stuff.

Comment

Hello, can I play please?

We will probably need a bit of time betwen turns, especially early on so we can get our allies set up I might not have comp access from sun-thu so a week for the early turns would be a good idea?

right then, REGTFAI

Snotty 128 fat gmail
            Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

No one else interested ?

Comment

Yes, please take this to the diplomacy forum.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                X