Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What games have you bought, but haven't played?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What games have you bought, but haven't played?

I've noticed several posts of people who buy games, but still haven't played them. I find this strange. I play a game the same day I buy it. I wouldn't buy a game if I didn't have time to play. Though I'll admit there have only been a couple of games I've only plaed the first day I bought it, and never played again (Black and White and Star Wars Rebellion). And lately I'm so anxious to play the game, I can't even read the manual. I used to have the patience to read the entire manual of a game before playing. I tried that with wow, but I just wanted to play. I only got about halfway through that manual.

I bought World at War last week, but have barely had a chance to play it. But I'm at 58 now in WoW, and it's just so close to 60 that I can taste it...
    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Suikoden 4
      Pirates
      Samurai Warriors

(just sitting on my desk)
      (these are all not even out of the packadging)

I know there are more.. especially if you count ones played under 30 minutes

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I have Desert Rats vs Afrika Korps here and I never played it. I will swop it if anyone's interested.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I have lots of games I haven't played yet! Mostly due to time constraints...

So why do I buy them? Well, one reason is that I've heard lots of good things about them and I don't want to miss out on them...

An example: I've heard that System Shock II is a great game... Alas, I don't have it and I've never seen it in any shop (bargain bin or otherwise). It's too old and was too popular...

I've checked Ebay a couple of times, but I still feel some resistance against buying stuff there... So what to do to avoid such situations? Buy'em when they're available and play them later!

Carolus

Comment

KOTOR, I just started Deus Ex but had to put it on hold so probably will start it up again this summer.

I still haven't finished WC3. IIRC I'm at the end of blood elves campaign.

I think I got one more game somewhere but I can't be bothered to look for it ha.

Oh I forgot about PS. I got few Final Fantasy games I haven't played yet either
            Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Oh yeah I have starcraft the whole set too. I played a friend's version then when I brought WC3, Fry's had a deal - if I was to buy that I could get a starcraft set or diablo set for free. Perhaps I should have gone for Diablo instead? ah well.
              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Some old AH ones, such as Cave Wars. Just never had the time, and I acquired these at bargain bin prices anyway.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Riddle of the Sphinx, bundled with its sequel. Haven't gotten around to even opening the box.

Thief II and Deus Ex are soon to be added to the list when they arrive, as I'm still working on the original Thief.

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
                    Riddle of the Sphinx, bundled with its sequel. Haven't gotten around to even opening the box.

Thief II and Deus Ex are soon to be added to the list when they arrive, as I'm still working on the original Thief.
                    Thief II! Play it

On my list ... NBA Live 2004 (barely played), Black+White(barely played), ... probably dozens of games from years ago. I usually 'barely play' games though, not never play them, unless you count games i bought for my gf and didn't play myself.
                    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolus Rex
                      I have lots of games I haven't played yet! Mostly due to time constraints...

So why do I buy them? Well, one reason is that I've heard lots of good things about them and I don't want to miss out on them...
                      What he said.
                      [/Lazy posting mode]

A lot of good 'oldies' seem to have been released recently as compilations or as re-releases at a very low cost.
                      I recently picked up the Plat edn of NWN plus fallout 1+2, Planescape: Torment + something else, and Battlefield something.
                      Haven't had a chance to even touch anything but NWN yet and I've barely scratched that.
                      Still waiting on HoI2, the Paradox 6-pack and the Galciv expansion.
                      Right now, with all of the bits'n'pieces lying around (many of them still in their wrappers!) I'd have enough to keep me going till sometime 2008 even if I were to do nothing else ...

An example: I've heard that System Shock II is a great game... Alas, I don't have it and I've never seen it in any shop (bargain bin or otherwise). It's too old and was too popular...
                      Actually, that was one of the re-releases a year or so ago ...
                      I could probably pick you up a copy if you like?

Comment

Originally posted by ravagon

Actually, that was one of the re-releases a year or so ago ...
                        I could probably pick you up a copy if you like?
                        What? Where? Who?

Thanks for the offer! I'll check around here at home first and come back to you if I find nothing. What's the publisher's name?

Carolus

Comment

There's a great fan made graphics update for SS2 if you do get hold of the game.

I've got a few games still wrapped that I bought as part of a 3/2 bundle or other promotion. I always know its a mistake to buy several games in one go but its too tempting occasionally.
                          To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                          H.Poincaré

Comment

I bought Hearts of Iron II about three months ago and put it on wait until I get bored with Everquest 2, which however didn't happen so far.

Of the 4X games this site covers: I bought Alien Crossfire, but never played it. Only the original SMAC, and that only briefly.

Comment

Black & White
                              Mechwarrior 4

Various issues (that I'm too lazy to resolve) with WinXP apparently prevent play.
                              Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Working...
                              X