No announcement yet.

I want to like Daggerfall but.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find the Morrowind expansions to be fairly challenging. The game still offers plenty of challenge to me.

Try fighting Gaenor at +80 with no cheese tactics.

Comment

Yes i heard that, and my gf played through both of them, sadly i never got that far before all the crashes i started to get(xbox goty edition).

Still with all the possible, and desirable, magical items available to you at these stages of the game its rare you have a real 'fear' moment, a sense of omni-potent invunrability causes me a certain ammount of disconnect - something you just dont get from the outset in Daggerfall.

Maybe its the music/sound effects in daggerfall that add that extra tension(in the dungeons definately)? But Morrowind had pretty good sound effects, so its not just that.

Maybe because daggerfall feels like you are in a real living world - night and day cycles where people go to sleep/shops close and monsters come out? A wider variety of season weather effects?

I can't quite put my finger on it. All i know is for me, Daggerfall is the most engrosing of the elderscrolls games so far, for all its old school looks and with all its bugginess.

At the momment i have a slight problem, i joined the 'least usefull' of the temples, so dont have acces to potion buying.
      I find them in dungeons etc, but so far have only found one potion of healing. Healing is my big flaw, accept for the slow drip drip of regeneration that i get when underground or out at night.
      Last edited by child of Thor; May 11, 2005, 11:50.
      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Bah! stupid me

I'd just finished another tough dungeon adventure for the fighters guild, got back to Northmoor town early morning and after selling my loot in town was waiting for the Fighters guild to open.

So i decided to use the in game 'pass time' feature, but instead of selecting the loiter for x hrs option, by mistake(and probably due to lack of sleep etc) tried to rest for x hrs instead.

So i got nicked by the local police(on horseback) and after a trial in which i pleaded guilty - it now says when i check my status 'in the eyes of the law of northmoor you are seen as untrustworthy'

I used to be a 'common citizen', but now i'm moving to the dark side. I'm not sure how to improve my standing with the law? with a guild you just succeed at quests and they like you more.

But on the positive side of things i'm now the swish looking and proud owner of a near complete set of Dwarven armour(just need to find some gauntlets)

although it didnt help me much against the cute sounding, but lethal bunch of giant scorpions that killed me the other night, being paralysed is a serious deal!
        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
          note: I have no idea why DOSBox taks such small images, but its nice and clear!
          DOS screens are usually only 320 X 240 or something similar. So, on our monitors set at 1024 X 768 or higher, the picture looks small.

Comment

Working...
          X