No announcement yet.

FG: Galactic Overlord 8, Part 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder how does the net productivity of the universe now stack up to the beginning of the game.....

Comment

/me plays kingmaker.
      He who knows others is wise.
      He who knows himself is enlightened.
      -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

On a distant moon spinning its lonely orbits around a virus-bombed world on the far edge of the galaxy the inhabitants, a primitive all-female society watched the fall of the escape pod with astonishment. Gathering fruit and nuts the tribal women hurried along the moon's stunning beaches and paddled across the crystal clear lagoons to find out what was at the base of this column of smoke rising through the pure warm air of the moon.

Basilius Naviwinat popped open the escape pod's hatch and took a deep breath and gazed around at the palm trees, at the tribal women already starting to chant their worship to the new Sky God, up at the wrecked planet that filled half the sky, up to the stars beyond where battles raged seemingly without end. He pulled a crumpled photocopy out of his pocket and looked at it. "OoB", it read. The letters hardly seemed to mean anything anymore. Basileus Naviwinat threw the paper away, and he didn't look at the sky again.

"Emperor, darling," came a call from inside the pod, "Are you done playing war yet?"
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
        Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Orders sent!
          He who knows others is wise.
          He who knows himself is enlightened.
          -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

Originally posted by MORON
            I wonder how does the net productivity of the universe now stack up to the beginning of the game.....
            Higher actually, a net increase of 25 from 270 to 295.
            Visit First Cultural Industries
            There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
            Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns

Reading is a virtue, snoopy.
              You think I can make heads or tails out of half of what Smiley posts? (Not that I mind, it is enough to figure out what is going on ...)

I assumed based on Kassi's post.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I would have to be pretty silly to write about keeping agreements if I knew I was breaking on that turn. That would be serious self-pwnage.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                  I would have to be pretty silly to write about keeping agreements if I knew I was breaking on that turn. That would be serious self-pwnage.
                  Yeah Tho i'm now quite confused by Kassi's posts that really sounded like your inability to ... build a spy? ... caused serious doubt as to Kassi's ability to ... beat Lord Nuke?

Comment

The straightforward version of what happened:

Jonny spied Skanky, who was attempting to build a spy.
                    I'm not sure how Kass comes into this.
                    Visit First Cultural Industries
                    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Smiley
                      The straightforward version of what happened:

Jonny spied Skanky, who was attempting to build a spy.
                      I'm not sure how Kass comes into this.
                      Oh we figured that out

Kassi made a comment after Skanky was spied that I interpreted to mean that he was relying on Skanky in an attack somewhere.

Comment

I think he was analysing events based on Smiley's initial comments about the turn.
                        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Yes, I was mostly just doomsaying based on the information I had. I was well aware of Skanky's own plans.
                          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Also, sent.
                            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

News

I'm planning a complete overhaul of GO for the next game. I think we can forget version v1.6 and call this v2.0 by the time I'm done tinkering. Shields will stay, spies will stay, lasers, torpedoes and fighters will stay. Buildpoints will stay, but building fleets and dealing damage will be both more streamlined, and have more tactical options. How is this, you all gasp? Let's just say that I'm going to move the focus of fleet construction slightly.

Oh, and some kind of marketing comment about being committed to providing the best set of GO rules for you as possible

-Jam
                              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                              Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamski
                                News

I'm planning a complete overhaul of GO for the next game. I think we can forget version v1.6 and call this v2.0 by the time I'm done tinkering. Shields will stay, spies will stay, lasers, torpedoes and fighters will stay. Buildpoints will stay, but building fleets and dealing damage will be both more streamlined, and have more tactical options. How is this, you all gasp? Let's just say that I'm going to move the focus of fleet construction slightly.

Oh, and some kind of marketing comment about being committed to providing the best set of GO rules for you as possible

-Jam

Comment

Working...
                                X