Anyone play Startopia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone play Startopia?

I just got a souped up PC with better 3-d acceleration, I can finally enjoy this game without my framerate going to hell when I expanded large enough. Still its a fun sim-like game! Sort of like Sims meets Sim Theme Park...

Anyone else play this game much? Any pointers/strategies?

Not every critic is the same. Metacritic offers aggregated game reviews from the top critics, and our own METASCORE pinpoints at a glance how each game was reviewed.
    "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Oh yeah, I remember Staropia. I was going to pick it up once upon a time (at least in computer game terms ) but my Wintel box didn't measure up.

How do you like it?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

It is good. Its a fairly easy management game but has tons to do and build. The downside is (was) that it was graphically intense for its time. Combat is also very straight forward and bland, definitely more of a management game.

Probably dirt cheap these days If anyone sees it around, I'd pick it up if I were them.
      "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

I bought it some time ago but never installed it because my HD was already choked full of other things... Now that I have bought a new HD, Startopia is on my list of "soon-to-be-installed" games. It seems to be fun.
        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Another one here that picked it up in the bargain bin. Haven't played it yet as there are many other games I need to play first...

Carolus

Comment

I played it quite a while ago. There are some things that are fun in it, but never got around to playing against another computer player, just building up and trying to expand over the space station.

It has some tricks to it (play wise) and I use to change (terraform) that one area that you can raise and lower and change around -- the (I forget) relaxation area, whatever it is called.

I think there was also a patch to download, as I usually look at Gamespot for the games and reviews.

GameSpot is the world's largest source for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii U, PS Vita, Wii PC, 3DS, PSP, DS, video game news, reviews, previews, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

Oh, the the Intro movie is funny!

Comment

I have been thinking of buying it too. But now that I have started playing World of Warcraft, I doubt that I will ever play another game again

Asmodean
              Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Working...
              X