No announcement yet.

FG: NW ... 24 (Twenty Four)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I blame teh topic for not being obvious what game this was about, never realised that you had even started this... why not use the signup thread for this next time?

Comment

10:00:05...

Erin walks into the room. "Okay, what gives? You have some news for me, or what, Sarah and Edgar?"

"Well ... really nothing here, Erin. Some chatter, a few meaningless shots but ... " Sarah was grasping at straws.

"So what are you telling me here? What is our next move?"

"Well ... early lunch?" said Edgar.

"Seriously ... isn't there anything going on here?" asked Erin. "I have to report back pretty soon and tell them how far along we are ..."

"Well ... Pirateland has absolutely nothing coming out of it; Tableland has nothing either, nor does Tennesse."

"Hmm. What about 1337land?"

"Well, Erin, I think they're building a city ... ... but nothing dangerous," said Sarah.

"Hmm. Is this finally the end of the aggression?"

10:15:07

"Um, Erin, a bit of news finally ..." said Edgar, hesitantly.

"Oh?" Erin looks up from her sandwich, slightly embarassed that she actually did take lunch.

"Well ... it looks like Riverland is launching some missiles at Die ... um ... aw, nothing is going to happen there either, there was an impenetrable shield around Die."

"That's a good thing, right?" said Heller, who had just walked into the room.

"Well, not really sir, as it only delays the inevitable. These shields are limited in number... It doesn't do anything to achieve a peaceful resolution to the issue," said Sarah.

"Ah, I see. Well, any other news, let us know right away. Particularly news on where Jack is now."

"Yessir."

10:32:47...

"Sir, I am getting heavy chatter from ... Temperature," said Edgar.

"Well, where is the target?" asked Heller.

"I think ... Emotion, yes."

"Ahh, okay, so Jack can help then. I think he's in Emotion, on his way back from Tennessee."

10:33:16...

"Tony, this is what we need to do. We need to get in there, activate the bunker without anyone noticing, and get out before the nukes hit. "

"Got it. But can't we just ask them to hit the bunkers?"

"I don't think so. Those emotion people are way too much into pain. They'd probably be grateful for the nuke hits."

"Okay ... they're weird."

"Well, let's get going!!"

Jack and Tony make it just in time, and activate the bunker. The missiles land without incident, hitting 12 tons of lead-lined concrete.

10:45:18...

"Okay, Jack made it in time to Emotion. Anything else going down?" asked Heller.

"Um ... nothing at the present," said Edgar. "Easter Sunday Island is doing something secret that we can't figure out, but other than that, i've got nothing here ..."

"Okay, keep us posted."

10:59:11...

"Sounds like we'll make it through the hour without any casualties," said Erin. "Way to go, team - we might just pull this off, just like we pulled so many other ones off!"

"Um ... sorry to burst your bubble, Erin, but we have a huge spike at Kuciland. They may be ... yes, they are ... launching, at Easter Sunday," said Edgar.

"Ah, hmm. Can we do anything about it? Is Jack in range?" asked Heller.

"No, um... no. Not nearly close enough. The nukes will be landing any ... yeah, there they go. Palm Sunday and Good Friday are gone," said Sarah.

"Ah well, at least it wasn't too painful of an hour ... now maybe we can finish the job we started?" said Erin.

10:59:59 ...

Code:
      [b]Players[/b][b]Cities[/b]
      1. Sparrowhawk: Nile, Amazon, Yangtze, Huang He
      2. Kassiopeia: Celsius, Fahrenheit, Kelvin
      3. Spaced Cowboy: U, R, PWND!!1!,BEEYatch, :lol:
      4. Jaguar: Pirate!, Pirate!!, Pirate!!!
      5. Jonny: Nashville
      6. Skanky Burns: Cup
      7. Lord Nuclear: Die
      8. MORON: WASTED
      9. Hercules: Ash Wednesday, Holy Thursday
      10. Atragon: Pain, Torment
      11. Ljube: WASTED
      12. Kuciwalker: wubble, ZOMFG, w00t
      13. VJ: WASTED
      Orders due by the end of the weekend. Orders in by Saturday PM get a bonus update.
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by VJ
        I blame teh topic for not being obvious what game this was about, never realised that you had even started this... why not use the signup thread for this next time?
        I thought it was pretty obvious, and so did pretty much everyone else (MORON doesn't count, he's basically awol) ... FG: NW is as clear as i can be

And you don't use the signup thread for the game. It's just wrong. (Though i could have put a link i guess, sorry if I didn't...)

Comment

Use "Nuclear War" in the topic instead of "NW" to avoid this in the future plz? okthxbye.

Comment

A summary of what just happened would be nice...

Comment

I agree, a quick plain-text summary is useful to base future orders on.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Yessirs.

Kassi attacked Atragon, who bunkered.
                Kuci attacked Herc, and killed 2 cities.
                Sparrow attacked LN, who bunkered.
                Spaced built a city.
                Atragon bunkered.
                LN bunkered.

All others had secret projects underway ...

Comment

Sent.
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

sent

Comment

6 orders in out of 10.

Comment

Do you like my orders, snoop?
                        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Sent
                          On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
                            Do you like my orders, snoop?
                            They're actually rather annoying

Comment

Just waiting on LN now ... if he doesn't send orders in soon i'll make a default order

Comment

Sent.

Comment

Working...
                                X