FG: NW ... 24 (Twenty Four)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would have never guessed
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Sent.

Comment

updizzle :doitnow:
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

don't forget the ! spaced

And I do updates in afternoons, work early in the A.M.

Anywho, update coming in the next few hours. Still waiting on the MORON and the VJ, but that's fine.
          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

24: Hour Three

9:00:18 ...

"Erin, look at this ..." says Sarah. "Dinner Table chatter is up 250% from an hour ago, and Temperature has even more..."
            "Any news on targets? Are nukes coming out?" said Erin.
            "Our agent in Temperature is indicating mixed signals ... but Dinner Table is definitely sounding like Tennessee," said Edgar. "Temperature may be planning them to go to Tennessee, also, but it's unclear. Emotion is also coming out of there."
            "Well, I think we need Jack. Sarah, dial up Jack."
            "Got him ..."

"Jack, we need you again!" screams Erin. "Chatter is at an all time high ... Dinner Table, led by the inimitable Skanky Burns, and Temperature, led by Kassi, are probably sending nukes at Tennessee! You must save them!"

Jack Bauer rushes into Nashville, hoping to get to the leader, Jonny, in time.

"Sir ... Sir ... " he shouts, out of breath. "I ... I ... need to tell you something ..."
            "Slow down man, what is it?" the leader said, in a deep southern accent.
            "You ... you are a target ..."
            "Really? Well, then we shall have to do something about that. "
            "Yes - of course - but there is no time!"
            "Ah yes, well, fortunately for you, I have made ... preparations. Some people will be sacrificed, but it is in the name of Progress. Or at least in the name of Bowl, and Plate ... haha, a joke!"
            "What - what do you mean -"
            "I mean, I have ordered my shields to deflect the incoming nukes, to the Dinner Table."
            "Ah ... but ... some of them will surely fail ..."
            "Well, of course, you can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs - or without some wonderful hashbrowns, or biscuits and gravy, but that's another story ... Anyhow, I'm confident we have strong enough shields to protect Nashville."
            "We must only hope ..."

The nukes fall, and indeed two of the three incoming nukes are deflected, destroying Bowl and Plate, of Skankyland. Additionally, Memphis was destroyed, of Jonnyland.
            --

Back at CTU HQ ...

9:18:48...
            "Wait, Erin, there's more ..." said Edgar. "Look - Temperature, and Pirateland, are both showing Emotion. Not sure why, but ... it's there."
            "Can we get anyone there in time?" asked Erin.
            "Maybe a camera crew on a blackhawk ..." said Tony sarcastically.
            "Let's get it up on the map ..." said Erin. "What's the damage?"
            "Well, it looks like Agony and Suffering were destroyed, along with the newly founded city of Sacrifice. However, Emotion's nuclear capacity still remains intact."
            "Hmm... that doesn't bode well for later ... can we hope for a peaceful response from Atragonia?"
            "Only time will tell ... they had nothing left after building Sacrifice, but ... they may have time to make a strike in the next hour," said Edgar.

9:21:16...
            *BEEP* *BEEP*
            "What is it now?" said Erin.
            "It looks like the Lord of Nuclear will be facing incoming warheads ... from the River!" said Edgar.
            "The River? Wha..." said Erin.
            "Two nukes are heading that way right now in fact ... watch on the screen..."
            They all watch as Jamski and Must are blown into smithereens, to the delight of Sparrowhawk.

9:32:16...
            "Any news of a retaliation?" asked Erin.
            "Well ... nothing headed to the River, quite yet," said Sarah. "But ... chatter is indicating a massive strike ... towards Baseland."
            "What?"
            "Four ... count them four ... nukes may be soon ... oops, too late. Are ... headed ... towards Moronia. Base1, Base2, and Base5 are going to be destroyed imminently if nothing is done by Moronia's leader ..."
            "And is he doing anything?" asked Tony.
            "Nope ... nothing at all. All three cities were demolished."

9:45:23...
            "Hmm, curious. Oh well. Anything else going on?"
            "Well... 1337land built another city - Beeyatch is now fully operational. But no nuclear activity there," said Sarah.
            "But ... hmm, Kuciland is definitely doing something ... hmm, it looks like Target is going to be under attack this turn," said Edgar. "Ready and Aim are ... were ... whatever, they're gone now. And it looks like again their leader isn't doing anything ... "
            "In fact," said Sarah, "It looks like the fire is spreading ... Fire won't make it through the hour, if their leader does nothing."
            "Ah well ... Nero fiddled ..." said Tony.

9:51:51...
            "What about Easter Island?" asked Erin. "Anything from there?"
            "Secret projects are going on all over the place, but nothing specific that we can figure," said Edgar. "Their code is too hard to break."
            "Well, work harder. We need to figure them out, and fast."

9:59:25 ...

Order summary:
            Kassi: Nuke at Jonny, Nuke at Atragon
            Jaguar: 2 at Atragon
            Skanky: 2 at Jonny
            Kuci: 2 at VJ
            Sparrow: 2 at LN
            Jonny: Deflect to Skanky
            Hercules: *secret*
            Atragon: Build city
            Spaced: Build city
            LN: 4 at MORON
            MORON: nada
            VJ: nada

Code:
            [b]Players[/b][b]Cities[/b]
            1. Sparrowhawk: Nile, Amazon, Yangtze, Huang He
            2. Kassiopeia: Celsius, Fahrenheit, Kelvin
            3. Spaced Cowboy: U, R, PWND!!1!
            4. Jaguar: Pirate!, Pirate!!, Pirate!!!
            5. Jonny: Nashville
            6. Skanky Burns: Cup
            7. Lord Nuclear: Die
            8. MORON: WASTED
            9. Hercules: Ash Wednesday, Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Palm Sunday
            10. Atragon: Pain, Torment
            11. Ljube: WASTED
            12. Kuciwalker: wubble, ZOMFG, w00t
            13. VJ: WASTED
            Orders in 24hrs, please.

Comment

We will prevail! The world will know the true meaning of PAIN!!!

Comment

Sent
                "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Orders in.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Sent, good stories snoopster!
                    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

7/10 orders in

And thanks! I have fun. Not very creative personally, but I can take a theme and go

Comment

Make that 8/10.
                        Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Yep ... any chance in the next fifteen minutes the other two will post, allowing for 2 turns today?

Ah well, tomorrow will get a better story. And i'll write this one BEFORE mafia (as it's way easier to write, don't have to sweat over clues, and less players in any event)

Comment

Comment

9/10 now.

Comment

Sent
                                On the ISDG 2012 team at the heart of CiviLIZation

Comment

Working...
                                X