No announcement yet.

New Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not mad, but looking at the screenshots posted in the NWN thread compared with those in the "EQ2 vs WoW Deathmatch" thread, its pretty clear what looks the best. WoW is cartoony EQ2 is simply ugly. Ok, KOTOR1+2 look a bit "better" than NWN, but they are also very unrealistic environments - like the SW films everything is airbrushed clean.

Ok, that Vampire game looks better than NWN, but most RPGs released since NWN are not so hot graphically.

And what do you mean "for its time" ? HotU was released just over a year ago, and Bioware released a patch with new content (not just fixes) early this year.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike

Different as in one is brilliant and one is decent.
      Don't. I can go about the brilliance and differences of both for pages.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

KOTOR1 and 2 = sweet.

I have to say i'd rather see Morrowind than NWN, gameplay aside ... but i have a soft spot for that sort of scenery I think. Don't doubt that most people would prefer NWN's graphix.

OTOH, it's not really appropriate to compare the graphics of a SPRPG like NWN to a MMORPG. You just can't do quite as nice of graphics on a MMORPG, except in cutscenes - too much detail is lost with the small packet sends required to make the characters really act real. If EQ2 looked significantly better than NWN, i'd say that's a ... dratting ... statement about NWN. (Not sure if the word I originally used there is kosher or not for this forum?)
        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by Solver

Don't. I can go about the brilliance and differences of both for pages.
          Go on then, I dare ya.

Comment

I can't wait to try out Rome Total War on a good PC... Unfortunately I have this piece of crap still
            "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
            "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

Working...
            X