Beyond Good and Evil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beyond Good and Evil

Anyone here ever played that game? It's an action-adventure game published by Ubisoft some time ago.

I was looking for some games on the bargain bin today and I stumbled upon this BG&E so I decided to buy it.

I was just curious if someone here have played it and if it is really good as some reviews say it is.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

I didn't find it that good.

Simplistic is the word I would use to describe it.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I thought it was a nice, enjoyable game - a good bargain bin find. Mind you, I played in on the gamecube, not the PC.

Very easy though.

Comment

I bought it based upon good reviews, but I wasn't very impressed when I gave it a test run. I think it's more teenage gamer fodder.
        Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

It's a good game . Good story, well done. Beautiful graphics as well. I'd recommend it for the lower price it is assuredly to be had for now.

I'd say the reviews are right on the money. Its about as easy as KOTOR II.
          “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
          - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I think it could be like marmite. In that some people really love it, and others dont?

I liked it, but obviously not enough to get past a point i got stuck on and couldn't progress past.

I plan to finish it one day(like with Kotor), and as it was only £15 i felt it was a decent enough buy.

I'm just not that convinced by the 'interactive movie' approach that seems to be the flavour of most games these days, but for a game of that type it certainly has a fun script above the par.
            'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
              Good story

Do It Ourselves

Comment

What's so funny about that? It's a very well written story. Every review talks about that.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
                  What's so funny about that? It's a very well written story. Every review talks about that.
                  It is incredibly predictable and cliche.

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I've played the PC version. You can see it was intended for consoles. Still, a nice presentation (if you have a decent PC that is) and well executed.

But the reason that Beyond Good and Evil appears so "good" is because most mainstream games storywise ARE mediocre and cliched. So BGaE is just a tad better than the rest. That doesn't make it brilliant however.
                    Skeptics should forego any thought of convincing the unconvinced that we hold the torch of truth illuminating the darkness. A more modest, realistic, and achievable goal is to encourage the idea that one may be mistaken. Doubt is humbling and constructive; it leads to rational thought in weighing alternatives and fully reexamining options, and it opens unlimited vistas.

Elie A. Shneour Skeptical Inquirer

Comment

It's a good game. The minigames are more fun than the actual main gameplay itself, though. The cinematics are great, and I disagree about the story being entirely predictable- towards the end, there was at least one notable twist I didn't see coming.
                      All syllogisms have three parts.
                      Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

I think I know about the twist you are talking about and I totally agree. Big shock!

Comment

Working...
                        X