Brothers in arms reviews are coming in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brothers in arms reviews are coming in

Brothers in arms is WW2 shooter based on the tv series. It looks pretty good. A quote from the Gamespot review:

After years of linear, heavily scripted first-person shooters in which the action unfolds the same way every time, Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 may very well represent the next big thing in the action game genre. Brothers in Arms combines the fast-paced World War II action found in games like Call of Duty with the tactics and squad controls of last year's revolutionary Full Spectrum Warrior.
    The game is also available on the PC btw, so no need to worry.

Not every critic is the same. Metacritic offers aggregated game reviews from the top critics, and our own METASCORE pinpoints at a glance how each game was reviewed.
    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Not out for PC yet though I think.

Comment

nope, not yet...
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

You'll have to wait a couple of days: it will be released the 15th. I have read a bit about this game. They aimed for realism, just like the tv show. For one, you're not a supersoldier, like in Medal of Honor. There are no hit points: one or two hits and you're dead, just like Rainbow Six. Here's how it works:

Rather than relying on the more "gamey" convention of suppression meters, your risk of being hit by the enemy is communicated through a variety of methods that warn you to seek cover soon or risk being taken out entirely. In addition to seeing subtle tracer effects from enemy fire, the screen also occasionally blurs along the edge where the shots are coming from. You'll also sometimes see grass fly up in front of you or dirt clods splatter on the screen as bullets smash into the ground. It's a great way to let the player know their number is about to be up without relying on health meters or flashing fire indicators.
        And like real life, there's no aiming reticle. Well, actually, it's optional for the girlie men out there. According to the IGN reviewer, the game is very hard: you die a lot.
        Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

it looks good...

but I don't like dying... AT ALL... I play all my games with GOD MODE on because I'm GOD mUHAHAHAHAH
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by nostromo
            You'll have to wait a couple of days: it will be released the 15th. I have read a bit about this game. They aimed for realism, just like the tv show. For one, you're not a supersoldier, like in Medal of Honor. There are no hit points: one or two hits and you're dead, just like Rainbow Six. Here's how it works:

And like real life, there's no aiming reticle. Well, actually, it's optional for the girlie men out there. According to the IGN reviewer, the game is very hard: you die a lot.
            So you aim by looking along the barrel?

Comment

No, you paint a circle on your TV

Comment

That sucks - I prefer crosshairs.

Comment

crosshairs are for people who like to twitch and hit something

Comment

That sucks - I prefer crosshairs.
                    There's no crosshair by default, but you can toggle it on if you want.

Comment

I'd see how it works - if the game is designed without a crosshair then it must be 'real' enough to facilitate aiming without one.

My crosshair comment before was in response to the poster who invited me to draw a circle on my screen.

Comment

Working...
                      X