Paradox 6-pack (paging LoTM)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just make sure you have lots of RAM.
    Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
    I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
    Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

"lots" is a kinda subjective term, but my computer has 256 MB of RAM which well exceeds the minimum requirements of both games, but not sure it qualifies as "lots".
      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

I first played eu2 on a fast computer then on an old slow one. It ran on the old machine, but it took a hell of a long time for the computer to do its thing, and top speed mode was a joke. Had I not played it on the fast machine first I probably wouldnt have been that bothered though, because I would have had no idea just how fast it could run.
        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Originally posted by Sparrowhawk
          "lots" is a kinda subjective term, but my computer has 256 MB of RAM which well exceeds the minimum requirements of both games, but not sure it qualifies as "lots".
          Take f.ex. CK: Minimum 128 MB RAM, but I'd recommend you at least 256. 512 would be mcuh better. I have that, but the game slows somewhat down after a century or two nevertheless.
          Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
          I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
          Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

256MB is enough for old games, but it's always good to get more RAM.

Comment

2 gigs

Comment

to tie the RAM issue back to the topic - EU2 theoretically needs 64 Meg, but it runs OK, if rather choppy, with 48 - im sure that when I run it on a new machine it will amaze me. of the other games in the 6 pack, Crown of the North seems to require less - only 32 meg, IIRC. I was thinking of trying that first, but inspired by COT decided to go with EU2 first, and im glad i did. The other all require more, mainly 128 Meg, IIRC.

CK may need more, but its not in the X pack.

IIUC CK hogs RAM cause its keeping track of all the dynastic families and family members.
                "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
                X