Empire Earth 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empire Earth 2

The demo is ready for download. It is being downloaded as I write this. No joke this time, it is for real.

The game might be fun for a bit. The demo is pretty poor, however... I don't know why they bothered. When you're limited to three epochs, three civilizations, and unable to even alter the map you play on, what's the point? No one can get a good impression of what the game has to offer from something like that.

Demos.

EDIT: Of course.... it does have the basic gameplay. Which is mostly just like ever other rts of this kind, with a twist or two. I mean, jesus, they're all still using the same graphics style as Age of Empires. It's some of the most shameless mimicry I've ever seen.
    Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

EE sucked. I'm not getting my hopes up for this one.

Comment

Is this "Empires: Dawn of the Modern World" ??

If not, wtf, I thought that game was supposed to be Empires2.
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

No, that's a "different" game.

This is worse than the clones they made back in the day... at least there used some change in theme or style between the games.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

EE2 definitely seems to be a big improvement over EE1. I played the demo of EE1 and was very dissapointed.

I am playing the demo of EE2 and the game does look very good. I would describe the game as an Age of Empires version of Rise of Nation. Of course, the gameplay is no where near as good as RoN. The graphics are nice. I like the crowns concept, where you can win a crown that lets you pick a temporary game bonus. Territories are nice. I wish the demo let you see more of the game. I imagine that actually playing the game from the stone age to the synthetic age is probably a very fun experience.
            'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
            G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

Working...
            X