No announcement yet.

FG: Galactic Overlord 8, Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MORON really seems to have the right mind for GO.

I expect him to crush the rest of the galaxy

(übermurray)

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamski
      MORON really seems to have the right mind for GO.

I expect him to crush the rest of the galaxy

(übermurray)

-Jam

Comment

• Comment

• Nice to see my tradition being carried on.

Comment

• orders sent
            Gurka 17, People of the Valley
            I am of the Horde.

Comment

• sent

Comment

• Originally posted by DrSpike
                Nice to see my tradition being carried on.
                Admit it Dr., MORON is just a DL of you to give you a real chance at winning now that everyone targets you ...
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Originally posted by MORON
                  The thing with fighters and torpedos is that they are useless by themselves. They need to be mixed, ideally 50/50.

With a 50/50 mix, both spread/bunch are dangerous as both allows for critical hits at 4x modifier as the laser user has to fill the slots.

After all, the laser user can't go for MLL MLL , but has to put in F and T while he has none.

The point with the F/T combo isn't raw strength, but forcing a OOB "misguess" allowing for critical hits.

For example: MLL FFT, close in, spread out, against MTT FLF would have the last F attack at x4 factor....

A pure laser user do need the spread out however, since without it the MTT can shut off the laser player's attack completely.

Thankfully, most players haven't realized the power of "all back off" fleets yet....
                  Thankfully?

I suspect you underestimate the average intelligence of the player in this game ...

The problem is, single weapon fleets are superior to dual weapon fleets, direct on, because of Maneuver. Two 100-bp fleets, one of which is L one of which is F-50% and T-50%, the L fleet will generally win, excepting very bad luck with the OOB (or very bad choices).

That's because the 'first wave' strength of the first player (the L player) is 300 bp, while the first wave strength of the second player is at most 150 bp. Assuming the first player goes "close in", "spread out", and the second player goes "back off", "(anything)", the second player will likely lose a significant portion of his fleet, with MLL-TFF versus his TTF-FLL or FFT-TLL. 50 points of course are dealt in round one, 100 if F is first, but then a ton of points are dealt in round two (up to 300), and the third round is at least somewhat in favor of the first player (50 points probably). 300 points of damage is enough to win the entire battle ... thus is the strength of Maneuver.

Otherwise MORON i'd agree with ya

Comment

• All in. Processing will be done in an hour or so after dinner.

We have lots of alliances and one battle.
                    Visit First Cultural Industries
                    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Lasers, Torpedos, and Fighters are fine. There's a reason that Jamski didn't make all three of them exactly the same. If you think Lasers are overpowered, build an all-laser fleet and we'll see how long you last.
                      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley
                        All in. Processing will be done in an hour or so after dinner.

We have lots of alliances and one battle.

Why would there be so many alliances, if there is only one battle taking place?

Comment

• lol SH13LDZ0rZ LOL
                          ~ If Tehben spits eggs at you, jump on them and throw them back. ~ Eventis ~ Eventis Dungeons & Dragons 6th Age Campaign: Chapter 1, Chapter 2, Chapter 3, Chapter 4: (Unspeakable) Horror on the Hill ~

Comment

• hehe... lol

Or empty planets

Comment

• I'm calling it right now. A big group of y'all just got PWND against my shield.
                              "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• It may be a competition this round for who killed the most units against their shield.

I say we set up a side pool for now ...

Comment

Working...
                                X