FG: Galactic Overlord 8, Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Smiley
    Already weak from the past battles, resistance crumbled rapidly.

---------

By the way Snoopy: there's no easy way to calculate a battle that starts with damaged ships. I did a workaround by entering the first set of OoBs in the 2nd row so I could enter the casualties in the first wave. However, casualties aren't taken properly.
    Um, the first row of damage should be read into memory at the same point that the first row of ships is. (Heck, it's a repeated procedure, so if it ever correctly reads damage in, it should for the first row). The damage part below the first row of ships is actually the ships that start out damaged (not the ships that end up damaged)...
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• the massacre continues...

-------------

For the sake of efficiency, I don't make graphics for rounds after the last ship is destroyed unless additional damage is dealt to the attacker.
      Attached Files
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

the massacre continues...

-------------

For the sake of efficiency, I don't make graphics for rounds after the last ship is destroyed unless additional damage is dealt to the attacker.

Ahh, ok. It just read "round 3" so i was confused.

Comment

• Chalk it up to GM error then.

-------------

With most of his fleet gone, Dr. Point could do little as Kristof's horde swarmed looters toasted his remaining ships and then proceeded to swarm over his four remaining bases.

Ivan was displeased that his loot had been diminished by Captain Imperium's earlier raid. In his typical style, he unloaded torrents of verbal abuse at his crew, his prisoners, and various inanimate objects.
          Attached Files
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• 2 overlords gone then this turn... Things starts moving.
            He who knows others is wise.
            He who knows himself is enlightened.
            -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Chapter 2.7
              A Journey Cut Short

Here is something to think about

The Fool

Folly, mania, extravagance, intoxication, delirium, frenzy, bewrayment.

Reversed: Negligence, absence, distribution, carelessness, apathy, nullity, vanity.
              Broken machines and shuttered factories littered the landscapes on the former powerhouses of Skynichia and the Point Laboratories. In past days, they had produced some of the finest ships in the galaxy. Now, these bases would yield only scrap metal and forced labor.

The fall of two of the most productive empires, one of which was at the pinnacle of development, and another fast on the rise, made many armchair admirals ponder the age-old question: Lazors or butter? Lazors were winning- or were they? Six bases had been constructed recently, just like last time. Perhaps as more grew powerful, growing fast may become less hazardous.

EDIT: the GUI is incorrect and has been removed temporarily. Please refer to data table below.
              Last edited by :) Smiley; March 5, 2005, 17:19.

Comment

Chalk it up to GM error then.
                I'm willing to admit it could be a spreadsheet error - let me know if in the future it doesn't work properly and i'll take a look at the specific detail example.

Comment

• Um ... that's not updated for ship builds, i guess??

Comment

• Ok, I'm not the only one thinking that then.
                    -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• Orders sent.
                      "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• And you don't even now how many ships everyone has?
                        -- Lao Tsu

SMAC(X) Marsscenario

Comment

• For my orders, it doesn't really matter.
                          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• Kuichi, playing high low is dangerous, you know.

The build posts count is wrong on the graphics display. Many of the newly gained base this turn is not counted. I'm also missing a ship on my side....

Comment

• The most productive Empires statistics:
                              1. The almighty Skanky Burns (30bp)
                              2. The awesome Jaguar (30bp)
                              3. The great Paramir (30bp)
                              4. The decent vald Antlerkof (28bp)

Notes on current fleet counts (may be revised due to spreadsheet error?)
                              Skanky: 25
                              Jaguar: 18
                              Paramir: 25
                              vald: 24

Comment

• Yes, there are errors in the summary. For instance, I have 24 BPs and more ships than shown.

Comment

Working...
                                X