No announcement yet.

FG: Galactic Overlord 8, Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like Herc won't destroy the whole fleet.
    "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

• With a few meager potshots of his heat ray, Dr. Point had fought off another attacker. While the Horizon Shipyards had to be abandoned to the enemy fleet, the other bases remained secure.

---------

Just realized something... the automated combat spreadsheet allows for one to end up with up to 3 damaged ships. I'm gonna make the ruling now: Each damaged ship costs 1 BP to repair, unless the damage was 1 or 2 hitpoints, in which case repairs are free.

In this case, only one of the Captain's ships need fixing. Doc's damaged ship also needs repairs.
      Attached Files
      Visit First Cultural Industries
      There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
      Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• How many more battles this round?
        "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Comment

• Two more. One of them is allied.
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Uh oh.

/me readies escape pod
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• Yes. The automated combat spreadsheet remembers the *type* of ship that was damaged; so you could end up with 1 L 1 F and 1 T ship damaged (but never 2 of the same type). If you see 2 of the same type, then let me know that i made a boo-boo.
              <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
              I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

• Chapter 2.5
                Unholy Trinity

Here is something to think about

The whole is deadlier than the sum of its parts.
                In a remarkable show of planning, three fleets of eleven dreadnaughts apiece descended on the Skynich Empire. The three fleets were identical, with one exception- weapon type.

Senator Danq's torpedoes struck first against Skynich's manuevering fleet, with deadly results.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Although Skynich's maneuvered Laser Titans were powerful, he was outdone by the enemy's superior tactics of Backing Off and using torpedoes.
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Erm, Kuci, why the **** didn't you shield this round?

Comment

• With Danq having done his part, Colony I's automated laser batteries swung into action. Once again, numerical superiority carried the day.
                      Attached Files

Comment

• Poor Kuci

Comment

• While doomed from the start by being outnumbered 4 to 1, the rookie's lack of strategy certainly didn't help. The Alliance had his OoB almost completely second guessed, and Mr. Danz's fighters weren't even need to mop up.
                          Attached Files

Comment

• Chapter 2.6
                            Point of No Return

Here is something to think about

Third time's the curse.
                            Just when the mad scientist Point thought things were quiet, he was attacked by a third foe, the opportunistic Ivan von Kristof, who saw this as the perfect opportunity to swing in for the profitable kill.
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Already weak from the past battles, resistance crumbled rapidly.

---------

By the way Snoopy: there's no easy way to calculate a battle that starts with damaged ships. I did a workaround by entering the first set of OoBs in the 2nd row so I could enter the casualties in the first wave. However, casualties aren't taken properly.
                              Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Smiley
                                While doomed from the start by being outnumbered 4 to 1, the rookie's lack of strategy certainly didn't help. The Alliance had his OoB almost completely second guessed, and Mr. Danz's fighters weren't even need to mop up.
                                Though i'm aware it makes no difference, strictly speaking this was round 4, meaning there should have been a round 5 and 6.
                                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                                X