FG: Gladiator VII - The Grand Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finals, round 1

The finals were scheduled for late December 192 AD. Emperor Commodus greeted the gladiators.

“Fight hard and the loser will be spared”, the Emperor said to them.
    “Now for some entertainment”, he continued. “In the Arena No. 1 there is an unprecedented spectacle. Because Jamksi and paramir refused to fight for the third place, I have ordered them thrown to a pack of 30 hungry lions. The lions are having a snack even as we speak, judging by the screams coming form that direction.”

The crowd was delirious. They chanted the Emperor’s name and his other name too (Hercules Romani).

Prefect Pretoriae Pertinax approached the Emperor and whispered that Jamski and paramir no longer live.

“Excellent. Now the finals may begin”, the Emperor ordered.

But the finals were far less exiting and entertaining. The two gladiators just walked around the arena in wide circles testing each other’s strengths.

DrSpike – Kassiopeia

Round 1: No damage.
    Round 2: No damage.
    Round 3: No damage.

DrSpike at 120
    Kassiopeia at 120

Please send your order by Wednesday midnight GMT. After that, please send your orders every day because I’ll process the turn daily or even more often if you send your orders before the deadline.

Comment

hey, I would've fought for third place if you asked.
      What type of idiot quotes himself
      -paramir

Comment

He did, but you didn't send in orders?
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Sent.
          Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Sent.

Comment

Finals, round 2

The fight was quite uneventful. The crowd, Emperor Commodus, his sister and his cronies were bored to death. To pass the time, Emperor Commodus told them a story about one of his earliest fights.

“Yes, it was when I was very young, barely 18. It was shortly before my father’s death. He and I were campaigning against the savage Germanic tribes in the woodlands of Upper Germannia. We were victorious in one of the battles and my father and I were inspecting the battlefield shortly after the battle when one of the Germanic chieftains who had pretended to be dead, jumped my father and attacked him with his axe. I reacted quickly and sooner than he could strike my defenceless old father I blocked his axe with my sword. We engaged in a mortal combat, not fake combat like this one.”

The Emperor looked at the two gladiators in the arena. They still weren’t any closer to exchanging a single strike.

“Well, since we can’t expect anything to happen in the arena I should better finish my story. Anyway, the barbarian chieftain was stronger than me, but I was smarter. My blocking his axe and preventing him from hitting my father enraged him. He struck me in my face with his left arm and I fell on the ground. I acted as if he’d knocked me out. Then he drew back his right arm holding the axe to strike me. At that moment I raised my sword and plunged it into his belly. He fell over me, and I had to stab him with my dagger a couple of times before he finally died. That was my first victory in man to man combat.”

“I don’t know what is more boring, this fight or my brother’s story”, Commodus’s sister Lucilla whispered to Pertinax.
              “Soon, we won’t be listening to such stories any more. All is set for a grand slam”, Pertinax replied also whispering.
              “Has the date been set”, Lucilla asked.
              “Not yet, but soon. January at the latest”, Pertinax said to her and then he stood up and applauded: “Bravo Imperator! The combat you described is not only proof of your abilities but also of your wit!”

The other Emperor’s companions also started to praise him for his performance in that and other fights and for his good looks. Emperor Commodus was so consumed with this suck-up routine that he didn’t even see the first blow of the combat that landed home.

Using weapon block, Kassiopeia successfully deflected two swift DrSpike’s attacks and then counterattacked with both weapons slashing DrSpike’s chest for 20 points of damage.

DrSpike – Kassiopeia

Round 1: No damage.
              Round 2: No damage.
              Round 3: DrSpike takes 20 points of damage.
              DrSpike at 100
              Kassiopeia at 120

Comment

Orders please.

Comment

Sent.
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Sent.

Comment

You wait.
                      Time passes...
                      Thorin sits down and starts singing about gold.

Comment

And he sounds like Jessica Simpson.
                        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

/me takes a break from the arena and goes out for pizza.

Comment

Umm, bump? Quickly before DrSpike comes back, so I can backstab him!

Comment

Finals, round 3

Well Kassi surely gave DrSpike two nasty scratches but it didn’t push him off balance. He decided to forego all defence and gambled everything on two vicious strikes he hoped would knock Kassi down. Indeed, when his first low swing cut Kassi’s left thigh for 36 points of damage it seemed like DrSpike had succeeded.
                              However, his body was too exposed to counter attacks and Kass used the incredible speed of his weapons to do another scratch on DrSpike’s chest for 20 points of damage. This little scratch didn’t deter DrSpike however so he struck again, this time a direct forward lunge, hitting Kassi in the left shoulder for another 36 points of damage.
                              Kassi retaliated immediately like in the previous exchanges slashing DrSpike’s right arm for 20 points of damage and when DrSpike retreated to lick his wounds, Kassi managed to hit his right leg for another 20 points of damage.
                              Well it seems that DrSpike’s gamble backfired as he ended up more seriously wounded than Kassi. These wounds are surely going to affect DrSpike’s speed and the strength of his strikes in the future.

DrSpike – Kassiopeia

Round 1: DrSpike takes 20 points of damage, Kassiopeia takes 36 points of damage.
                              Round 2: DrSpike takes 20 points of damage, Kassiopeia takes 36 points of damage.
                              Round 3: DrSpike takes 20 points of damage.
                              DrSpike at 40
                              Kassiopeia at 48

Comment

Sent.

Comment

Working...
                                X