No announcement yet.

What's going on with Black and White 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I only played the first game once, but it certainly seemed to have potential. I did get the feeling it had little to no replay value, though.
    "Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock
    phasers on the Heffalump. Piglet, meet me in transporter room
    three. Christopher Robin, you have the bridge."

Comment

I actually quite enjoyed the first one, mainly building giant cities. Something that amused me immensly was founding a new village and placing in it exactly 1 young pregnant villager and watching as the village grows to a population of hundreds.

Creature? What Creature? Oh that lost soul that roams the beaches and ocassionally looks mournfully at me.

Some people got annoyed with the whining of villagers but the simple thing to do was ignore them, keep them hungry and cold and they worshiped you better (especially if you only feed the worshipers - chaining the pet to the food flag is good for this) - and, healing a villager dying of malnutrition is worth a LOT more belief and goodness points that healing a fat lazy spoilt villager. Hungry homeless villagers also have nothing better to do than charge up aritfacts for you all day and night, possibly in feverent hope that you will grace them with a food miracle or not give them flying lessons. Wonders that improved birth rate were excellent for this, and also the ones that reduce food consumption (because you do have to ensure they have atleast some food, and building more wonders beats building more farms). The only really nice thing I did was supply the villagers with all the wood they could use, usually by growing trees using rain or Norse Power wood miracles.

So on earth, God, by ignoring us, is just using good strategy

Comment

It is nice to know I wasn't alone in enjoying Black & White.
        Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
          I actually quite enjoyed the first one, mainly building giant cities. Something that amused me immensly was founding a new village and placing in it exactly 1 young pregnant villager and watching as the village grows to a population of hundreds.

Creature? What Creature? Oh that lost soul that roams the beaches and ocassionally looks mournfully at me.

Some people got annoyed with the whining of villagers but the simple thing to do was ignore them, keep them hungry and cold and they worshiped you better (especially if you only feed the worshipers - chaining the pet to the food flag is good for this) - and, healing a villager dying of malnutrition is worth a LOT more belief and goodness points that healing a fat lazy spoilt villager. Hungry homeless villagers also have nothing better to do than charge up aritfacts for you all day and night, possibly in feverent hope that you will grace them with a food miracle or not give them flying lessons. Wonders that improved birth rate were excellent for this, and also the ones that reduce food consumption (because you do have to ensure they have atleast some food, and building more wonders beats building more farms). The only really nice thing I did was supply the villagers with all the wood they could use, usually by growing trees using rain or Norse Power wood miracles.

So on earth, God, by ignoring us, is just using good strategy
          "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Lol. When's B&W2 supposed to be out?

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar
              No release date yet? It's been in development a long time.

Comment

Ahh, the original B&W - the game which convinced me to stop reading all gaming magazines with their "fair and balanced" game reviews. Most Finnish ones gave it scores varying 94-98 / 100.

Comment

I saw a tentative release date for B&W II- June, '05. I'll post the link if I can find it again.

Comment

Working...
                  X