anyone here ever play warlords 3?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone here ever play warlords 3?

What did you think about it? anything like civ?
    "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Other Games Forum?

Come on! What is all this talking about video games for?

This is a family site!
    Monkey!!!

Comment

Brilliant. Great game. You can't build new cities, and city management is minimal, so it's not a lot like Civ.

The best part is that you can play a good game in twenty minutes or take your time and have a humongous slugfest.

+0
      Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Warlords 3 is nice, I like it a lot. Specially in hard levels And the AI was not too bad for its time.

Warlords 4 on the other hand, spoiled all the fun of this game.
        Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

i posted it here because a lot of people here don't go to the other games forum, and i value the opinions of those here just sooo damn much
          "Mal nommer les choses, c'est accroître le malheur du monde" - Camus (thanks Davout)

"I thought you must be dead ..." he said simply. "So did I for a while," said Ford, "and then I decided I was a lemon for a couple of weeks. A kept myself amused all that time jumping in and out of a gin and tonic."

Comment

I havent played it for a long time but IIRC it was OK.
            We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
            If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
            Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

I think I have 4... I haven't played anything in some time now. It reminded me of Hereos of Might and Magic.
              Monkey!!!

Comment

1 2 3 were all good (Warlords 2 on hotseat with 4-5 friends, ah... the long nights...)
                4 seemed to suck, although it might have been a hidden jewel since it sucked so much I couldnt play for more then 2 hours or so...
                Very playable, if you like it try the HOMM series...

Comment

Great game - however you should get the standalone expansion if you can find it. It's called Darklords Rising or some such.
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Heck, I still play W2.
                    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I played WL3: Darklord's Rising few years ago. It was an average TBS. A bit meh (lacked true addictiviness) in SP but still decent.

Now Warlords II Deluxe, that's what I call an excellent game, a true classic.

Comment

DLR was my favorite of all the Warlords games and I have played them all and still have III and IV.

What I like about III vs IV is that your heroes could travel much farther each turn and had more skills to choose.

You can still get the deluxe II last I checked from the devs. I still can hear the taunts from leaving the game.

This is the correct place BTW to post. It is not like civ except it is a TBS game. It is more like AoW, in that it has RPG elements of making your heroes stronger and heroes rule the game. I loved the campaigns.

Comment

Not just the heroes, but your units become stronger as well. The lowly heavy infantry becomes an awesome fighting machine at the end of one campaign. Moves like the wind, too.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Warlords 1 was the game that persuaded me to retire my Atari ST and buy my first PC! 2 and 3 both grew the series in different but interesting ways and I'd recommend either of them to people who don't suffer from graphical snobbery.
                            To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                            H.Poincaré

Comment

Working...
                            X