Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Logical journey of the Zoombinis - converting saved games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logical journey of the Zoombinis - converting saved games?

POTMs absolute favorite PC game was Logical Journey of the Zoombinis - we actually lost the disk, and i recently bought a replacement (it was cheap, and i dont mind supporting The Learning Center - in any case the replacement came with the follow on, Zoombinis Mountain Rescue) Yeah, shes old for this game, but it was a lot of fun and she never actually finished it. We still have the save game on the harddrive. But, it turns out, the disk we got was for version2, and it wont open old save game (no real game play differences, they added printable puzzles, and I think some tactile mouse feedback) The old save games were 44KB, the new ones are 48 kb. Anyone know of a way to convert an old game?
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

The logical thing to do would be to play it again. How much does she love this game?

My mother is a primary school teacher, and so, er, I have actually played this. Just once, mind!
    Do you have to rescue all of them? I remember that it didn't seem to let you finish with all of them, and so you were supposed to go back, and do it all again. Probably more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by duke o' york
      The logical thing to do would be to play it again. How much does she love this game?

My mother is a primary school teacher, and so, er, I have actually played this. Just once, mind!
      Do you have to rescue all of them? I remember that it didn't seem to let you finish with all of them, and so you were supposed to go back, and do it all again. Probably more than once.
      Er, your grace, yes you move 16 at a time. Of COURSE she did that. By finish I meant get all 600 zoombinis to zoombiniville. The puzzles/games get harder as you move more through - extravariables, etc - they really become QUITE challenging. She had about 300 moved through, and was on intermediate levels, and hard in some sections, when we lost the old disk. Yes, shes started over, and now has 60 all the way through, but she wants to FINISH, and that could be alot of time.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
      X