Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone wanna play some starcraft later tonight or tommorrow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well me and General Ludd played and he muta rushed me the board lol

Comment

So I was playing this guy earlier and he set up a bunch of seige tanks on a ridge with some missile turrets for support. I built myself a nuke but couldnt figure out for the life of me how to fire it! He even stopped ripping my base apart so I could figure it out, but his English wasnt great so I never got it
      Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

You have to use a ghost (sniper infantry with the ability to cloak) to "paint" a target for the nuke. If the ghost is killed before the nuke arrives, the attack is adverted. The trick is geting a cloaked ghost someplace where he will not easily be uncovered. It can be really tricky to nuke zerg, for instance, because overlords are detectors - in that case, it is ually best to use the nuke on a less obvious target so it's a question of the person manually finding the threat (which can be seen by a red dot on the target, by the way) instead of just a matter of geting a detector there to uncover the ghost.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Nukes are so much fun! I love getting a couple nukes ready and telling a pair of ghosts to nuke something, so they double-nuke it. It's so satisfying to get a staging area.
          "Bother," said Pooh, "Eeyore, ready two photon torpedoes and lock
          phasers on the Heffalump. Piglet, meet me in transporter room
          three. Christopher Robin, you have the bridge."

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
            Can it be played outside of Bnet, or is there anyway to circumvent the need for a broodwars serial? 'cause there's no hope of me ever finding my CD.
            There's bnetd, but of course you need to be a bit of a *nix geek to compile it and set it up .
            This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Working...
            X