Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blind Galaxy

Has anybody ever played this?

It's a text based PBEM conquer the galaxy type game.

Here is a link to the rules

A friend of mine will be starting up a new game soon, and we could use more players. We play 3 turns a week.

If anybody is interested, or has more questions, I should be able to answer them.
    Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Holy crap...I'll try to read through that when I have more time. Looks very interesting though.

About how long does a game last?
    How long does it take to do and type your turn?
    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Early turns take a few minutes. Later game turns can take a few hours, depending on how much stuff you have.

Last few games lasted 40-50 turns.
      Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will, as it did Obi Wan's apprentice.

Comment

Sounds like too much work for me. Let me know if they develop a front end gui.
        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Looks like Galactic Overlord on steroids. Seems a little complex for text based interface.
          Visit First Cultural Industries
          There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
          Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

It is, there are some gui's available on the internet. Although I use one I made myself along with an excel spreadsheet and a some notepads.

One of the other players prints out a plot of the universe.

Another uses a Mac so he had to do his own gui.

Comment

I'm going to print out the rules and read them while I'm on me excercise bike.

Maybe I can come up with a gui in my spare time....doubt it.

Comment

If you want some example turns or something I can send them to you.

Comment

Just post them, that will be cool....maybe Smiley is secretly interested as well.

Comment

Ok this is the first turn from the last game we played
                    Attached Files

Comment

This is turn 10 when I have a bit more stuff
                      Attached Files

Comment

err...are those files supposed to be full of numbers a ??? I need a gui, or to read the manual at least. i think maybe the problem is that arent formatted right or something
                        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

The first one might look a little odd because it has a map with a bunch of ? in it.

I just bring them up in notepad just fine, they both look like this to start

Options:
                          Executable version: V2.48
                          Full reports (F) off
                          Forecast off
                          Long forecasts off
                          Map printing off
                          Size:200.00 centered X: 0.00 Y: 0.00
                          Production on
                          TechProd off
                          Smartmap on
                          Unknown off

Comment

I had to right click and 'save target as' on the skip button in the inbetween advert screen. Rather round the houses but Ive got it now.
                            Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Working...
                            X