No announcement yet.

XMen Legends

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-men Legends is only fun with a couple friends, but with those friends it is crazy good fun. The character construction is pretty good, RPG-lite stuff. The action is constant, but tends toward a bit of a grind most times. Hunting for unlockables is a bit of a chore, but it still manages to be fun to destroy everything in sight. The best part of the game comes though when you and a couple of your buddies are sitting around, passing a blunt and stringing together combos left and right. When I got it back in Oct. (?) we basically sat around and punished the game in a week or so of solid nearly non-stop play.

There were three parts I found genuinely challenging. One was pretty early on, in the second mission (prolly what your bro was having trouble with), one was a tricky boss fight, and the third involved swarms of sentinals. It wasn't too terribly frustrating though.

Just a note since you're thinking of getting a console, the X-box version has much shorter load times, and I think PS2s only come with two controller ports standard. It's nice to know they're already crapping out a sequel, if it's online it'd be sweet.
    John Brown did nothing wrong.

Comment

I downloaded the game... it's decent. But it sucks, you gotta beat the first mission before it lets you play the 2 player mode. I find that strange because they advertise this game as the "BEST CO-OP GAME EVAR!". I find it odd that the best co-op game would be only single-player until you beat the first mission.

I'm actually stuck on one part. It's the first time you face Mystique. I keep dying. It's major BS I say.

I wouldn't buy this game, but if you have a PS2 harddrive, it's worth copying.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Make certain that you get Wolverine's healing factor first. Then run away when you can to heal, so you can save the red potions for when you can't run away.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

good idea
          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
          X