What Should The Reagan Buy Next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Should The Reagan Buy Next?

What should be my next purchase? Mech Assault 2: Lone Wolf or Ghost Recon2?

Both received 4.5/5 star ratings from GameSpy, both are Xbox Live-enabled, which has almost become a must for me now.

MechAssault 2 interests me because I've never played any game in the series, save once on the PC for 5 minutes. I'm wanting a change from Halo 2 and Splinter Cell: PT, which I think Lone Wolf will provide.

On the other hand, I'm a major fan of Ghost Recon and all it's expansion and mods, and have been since it first came out on PC.

Both have received some negative press regarding the single player campaign (Lone Wolf's is too short, both have AI problems.) GameSpy also noted some framerate issues with Lone Wolf - anyone played the game and experienced it? I thought I remember Asher saying he'd be getting it?

So what'll it be?
    MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf
    20.00%
    Ghost Recon 2
    20.00%
    Other (Specify Below)
    60.00%

Lone Wolf looks cooler.

Comment

never heard of these games. I vote banana.

Comment

Look!

Look at rock!

Look at Dissident!

Look at Dissident under rock!

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
          Lone Wolf looks cooler.
          It certainly has that mass destruction appeal, doesn't it?

Comment

If I order Lone Wolf from Gamestop.com I get Xbox Live Arcade for free. oooOOoooo

Comment

Well, I would vote for Lone Wolf. While I didn't really play the first one, it was kind of cool when I did. OTOH, I freakin' hate the first Ghost Recon. It's close to the worst shooter ever IMO. Look out! It's a 15 degree incline... we'll have to go around. Look out! It's a 6 in. tall rock. Since I can't jump or move properly I'll have to go around. Oh, and you accuracy goes to 0.01% while moving and your guy goes slower than a crippled old lady.

So yeah, get Mech Assault.
              "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Lone Wolf...giant robots are fun.
                "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by BustaMike
                  Well, I would vote for Lone Wolf. While I didn't really play the first one, it was kind of cool when I did. OTOH, I freakin' hate the first Ghost Recon. It's close to the worst shooter ever IMO. Look out! It's a 15 degree incline... we'll have to go around. Look out! It's a 6 in. tall rock. Since I can't jump or move properly I'll have to go around. Oh, and you accuracy goes to 0.01% while moving and your guy goes slower than a crippled old lady.

So yeah, get Mech Assault.
                  This has to be the single worst post ever. I demand you immediately get banned for 5 months.

Comment

I take it you like Ghost Recon

I pity you .
                    "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

I don't like Mech Assualt, it strays too far from the Mech Warriors series. It make things too arcade and adventure-like, and less like the distinct action of the Warriors series. I don't know if I am correct but there is no 'mech lab so you can't customize your 'mechs. I also thought power suits could take way too much punishment.

I'm fine with Mech Command though, it has all the flavor of the Warriors series in a strategy form.

Catapults forever! Down with bad spoofs of good series!
                      I changed my signature

Comment

Originally posted by BustaMike
                        I take it you like Ghost Recon

I pity you .
                        You just suck at the game.

Comment

I'll be picking up Ghost Recon 2 today. Unless I pick up Lone Wolf instead.

TEH FLIP FLOPS!!

Comment

Ghost Recon 2 is nothing like Ghost Recon, just to let you know.

Comment

I've played it a bit and liked it.

Comment

Working...
                              X