Xbox HDTV Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xbox HDTV Pack

I bought this today, and although I do not have an HDTV (just a flat screen component) and lacked a fiber optic port on my receiver(so I can't get true 5.1 through my system), I still noticed a marked improvement in image quality.

I really wanted to play Halo2 on my system though

that sucks
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I have a friend who has the HDTV, and this cable, and image quality is way better than mine.

I got Halo2 for Xmas, but I'm going to return it. I'd like to get a couple of sport games, any recomends. (Also got KOTOR2, but I'm keeping that).
      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

What happened to your Halo 2?

Comment

I have it, I just don't hear real 5.1 when I play it.

Comment

Since I don't have an HDTV but I do have a computer and a 5.1 amp, I've been looking into using my VGA monitor for a high def Xbox display.

Here's what I found. It looks pretty good if you ask me.

"Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Is there any way to get a VGA to VGA component cable for the Xbox in America? All I can find are the three-color component outputs, which won't work with my Japanese TV...
              Last edited by Drake Tungsten; December 28, 2004, 00:03.
              KH FOR OWNER!
              ASHER FOR CEO!!
              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Probably, but I don't know of any offhand. You'd have to search around I'm sure.
                "Luck's last match struck in the pouring down wind." - Chris Cornell, "Mindriot"

Comment

Did a fair amount of searching today. Didn't find anything. I'll be pissed if I have to hook my Xbox up to the TV via regular A/V outputs...
                  KH FOR OWNER!
                  ASHER FOR CEO!!
                  GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drake Tungsten
                    Did a fair amount of searching today. Didn't find anything. I'll be pissed if I have to hook my Xbox up to the TV via regular A/V outputs...
                    MS whore.
                    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Is there any way to get a VGA to VGA component cable for the Xbox in America? All I can find are the three-color component outputs, which won't work with my Japanese TV...
                      What's a VGA to a VGA component cable?

Is it a VGA cable, or a component cable?

I've got VGA adapters for all 3 consoles...
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I use the scart conector - its a step up from AV only connection, but not as sharp as a PC monitor. discovered this on my Amiga years ago, and its done me good ever since.
                        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

What's a VGA to a VGA component cable?

Is it a VGA cable, or a component cable?

It's a regular component cable, but both ends terminate in a serial plug, outwardly similar to a VGA plug. I'm not sure if it's technically VGA or not; the Japanese call it D端子 (D Terminal). The newer Japanese TVs use this input for component signals as opposed to the old red-green-blue ones. My TV has three D端子 inputs, but no RGB ones, so I'm not going to be able to hook my Xbox up via component unless I can find a cable that ends in this kind of plug.
                          KH FOR OWNER!
                          ASHER FOR CEO!!
                          GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

I remember using HDTV connection with HALO, actually made it look worse because the edges were so crisp I could see nothing was round.

Need to hook it back up for HALO 2.
                            "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

bump
                              KH FOR OWNER!
                              ASHER FOR CEO!!
                              GUYNEMER FOR OT MOD!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X