Real arcade games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real arcade games

and while we're waxing nostalgic (ive just started another thread on Risk) how about arcade games? NO, not the kind made by Atari, et al. REAL arcade games - the old electo-mechanical kind, where targets were fixed, or moved slowly, etc? I remember a submarine game, you looked through a periscope, - it was perfect for the technology - merchant ships move slowly, and having them move perpindicular to your aim, right across your field of vision, didnt feel too unrealistic. It almost makes me want to get a sub sim, but a PC game just wouldnt be the same. And baseball games, where you hit little balls across a plastic field, at tabs that said single, double, etc.
    "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Sorry, not that old
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

This reminds me of the movie The Last Starfighter...

Comment

Originally posted by Urban Ranger
        Sorry, not that old

Ah, the world we have lost
        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Does Coconut Shy count? Or Hook-a-Duck?
          Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
          CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
          One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
            This reminds me of the movie The Last Starfighter...
            horrible movie, though I thought it was good as a kid for some reason.

Comment

I never had a lot of money for arcade games.

and I don't remember any mechanical kind Aside from pinball.

I remember liking ms. pacman. defender. asteroids. battlezone. frogger. centipede.

Comment

I like pinball machines and The Who's Pinball Wizard. I don't think that's what LotM has in mind, however.
                (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

He's talking about pinball machines that didn't have digital readouts but scrolling analog readouts.

ACK!
                  Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

I was only interested in graphical arcade games. The most archaic I remember were vector graphic ones like Asteroids. Pinballs have always bored me.
                    Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

History Take a stroll through mechanical history!  The experience is fun and unforgettable for ALL ages. About Marvin's Parties Spice up your next event and blow all your guests away by having your party at Marvin's! Party Planning Location & Hours…
                      Attached Files
                      We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

nother one
                        Attached Files
                        We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

uno mas
                          Attached Files

Comment

k so I'm bored
                            Attached Files

Comment

This is one that I remember playing...somewhere....I went to some state fairs when I was younger (around 1970) and they had tons of these mechanical beasts.

Comment

Working...
                              X