Install Excitement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install Excitement

Do you ever get excited when installing a game? I rarely do these days, but sometimes I do when I install an old game.. like now, I'm installing Baldur's Gate II and I'm just excited and happy ... I can't wait!!!!

What about you? What are the games you get excited installing?
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Half-Life 2

Comment

I get bored while installing games. So I usually have Poly running over the top of the install to keep me entertained. And then get distracted by interesting threads and don't end up playing the game I just installed for a few hours.
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I found myself excited when installing BG2 years back.

I was a little excited for Everquest 2. But not nearly as much as the old days.

Plus with the DVD, installation was fairly quick.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
          I get bored while installing games. So I usually have Poly running over the top of the install to keep me entertained. And then get distracted by interesting threads and don't end up playing the game I just installed for a few hours.

Comment

sad when Poly is more important than playing games

this has never happened to me after buying a new game. I have to try it out.

Now I admit sometimes I'll post at poly instead of playing an older game. But not a brand new game I'm waiting to play.

Comment

I get excited installing every game, that is for the first time.

I usually leaf through the manual while it's installing.

Comment

Every Paradox game gives me a good feeling of excitement when I install them the first time. I know I will probably get a blast as soon as the installation is over...

Oh, and Civ games...
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I'm excited right now... I am converting a "backup" copy of NFL2k5 onto my new PS2 hard drive. This is much longer than installing a game, however... it takes about 30 minutes for a 4.0 gig game.
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by dunk

If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I don't get install excitement as these days it turns into install boredom because it takes so damn long.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
                        Make your own post. Plagarist!

Comment

Yes, I'm too lazy to write my own post when someone else has summed it up so well

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar

I do the exact same thing.

What a capitalist thing to do, Tassadar.

Comment

ditto

Comment

Working...
                              X