Gladiator VII sign up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gladiator VII sign up

Note! It is, *ahem*, IMPERATIVE that you realize before signing up that a Gladiator game can, mainly due to absences and lazy GMs , drag on for several months. For the benefit of all participants, you should be fairly certain that you can access Apolyton at least roughly three times a week, pretty much every week for the next two, three months. Holiday seasons such as Christmas time are an obvious exemption, that is if we even manage to get the game underway before that.

The previous game, for instance, ran from Sep 24 to Dec 12. That's over two and a half months.

I can GM.

Rules

1. Each contestant must distribute 20 points between weapon and armour values which remain constant throughout the contest (e.g. weapon 11, armour 9). These values are public knowledge.

2. Each match is divided up into combat rounds, which are further divided into 3 segments.

3. In each round you must distribute 100 points amongst the 3 segments, each of which requires values for attack, defense and power.
    e.g.:

1st A11 D11 P11
    2nd A12 D08 P15
    3rd A15 D02 P15

The total of all 9 values must equal 100, and the total of the 3 values in any one segment must not exceed 50.

4. These ADP values are modified by the contestants choice of weapon and armour values. Half the armour value is added to each defense, half the weapon value is added to each attack, the weapon value is added to each power and the opponents armour value is subtracted from each power.

5. In each segment the modified attack and defense values are compared. If, in any round, your attack is greater than your opponents defense then you hit them, and so damage equal to the power for that segment.

6. Ties between attack and defense values result in 50% damage rounded down. 0 attack 0 defense ties are possible.

7. In the initial portion of the competition, each contestant will face every other contestant for one match consisting of two combat rounds.

8. In each match, each contestant will begin with 100 HP from which damage is subtracted. A contestant who loses all of these is considered incapacitated and cannot continue with the match (no more segments take place), but is presumed to recover for their other matches, which remain unaffected.

9. If both contestants are incapacitated then the match is considered a draw, and each contestant recieves 1 point.

10. If one contestant is incapacitated then the other is considered the winner and recieves 4 points.

11. If neither contestant is incapacitated, then the one inflicting the most damage in the whole match is considered the winner, and recieves 3 points. If both contestants inflict the same amount of damage then the match is considered a tie and each contestant receives 1 point.

12. The four contestants who receive the most points in this way will proceed to the second portion of the competition, the Semis.

13. A tie for fourth place will be resolved at the discretion of the GM.

14. The second portion will consist of a knockout competition of matches, with combat similar to the round-robin but instead it is to the death. Winners of the Semis advance to the final.

Now, the initial matches of the competition will come in three sections, and each contestant will be facing two opponents in the first and second sections, but three in the third. If you look at your programme you'll see a table showing how this works, where the entries marked 'a' indicate a pair who will face each other in the first section, and those marked 'b' and 'c' indicate pairs who will face each other in the second and third sections respectively.

1 !abcccba
    2 a!abcccb
    3 ba!abccc
    4 cba!abcc
    5 ccba!abc
    6 cccba!ab
    7 bcccba!a
    8 abcccba!

Previous Games

Gladiator -poly- 2 "The Competition"

Gladiator -poly- 2 "The Competition" Part Deux

Gladiator III - Let the Battle Commence!

Gladiator III - Let the Battles Continue!

Gladiator IV - The fights begin!

Gladiator IV - The fights proceed!

Gladiator V - The Onset

Gladiator VI - The Unbearable Lightness of Fighting
    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

In.

And 4-6 weeks is possible if people don't disappear.

Comment

And 4-6 weeks is possible if people don't disappear.
      Absolutely.
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Although I enjoy playing it, I'll GM this time. Kassi, supply me with your openoffice spreadsheets please.

The turn period will be 48-hours without exception. All players will be required to send default set of orders which I will apply in case they don't send anything else before the next update.

Comment

I can play, then. The spreadsheet is attached here, and if there actually happens to be a huge mistake in there somewhere, I'm going to probably shoot myself.

You're going to have to extract the file, the attachment thingus wouldn't accept the file extension .sxw.
          Attached Files

Comment

In case noone else applies for Gladiator 7 we'll have the finals right away.

Comment

Oh crap, I already lost to Spike once.

Comment

WTF
                We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

?

Comment

WTH, in.
                    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

Oh, and W20 A00

Comment

Don't be alarmed if a settler from Belgrade joins tomorrow. He's my good buddy and he said he wanted to play some of my forum games.

We only need 5 more people. Theben quit the act and join Gladiator!

Jam, where are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Ljube-ljcvetko
                          Don't be alarmed if a settler from Belgrade joins tomorrow. He's my good buddy and he said he wanted to play some of my forum games.

One way to win is play and GM.

Comment

Don't all volunteer at once.

Comment

OH WHAT THE HELL IM IN

If work goes to hell b/c I spend too much time online I can always get a better new job.
                              I'm consitently stupid- Japher
                              I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Working...
                              X