No announcement yet.

space empires 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thans for the info. I don't really have time to play two games, and I'm on the fence between this one and Alpha Centauri, but it looks like either one could be a good choice. Just no way of knowing until I've played it. I'll get the demo and check it out.

Comment

SMAC is a superior game, but is not really a Moo like game.

Comment

Well, what I'm looking for is a tbs/conquest game. Does SMAC fit that description?

Comment

Yes

Comment

I actually just reinstaleld this game earlier today.

It can be alot of fun, especially in PBEM. It's the king of multiplayer 'grand' TBS, as far as I'm concerned. There's also website that's dedicated to organizing and hosting PBEM games.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

I think I enjoyed Stars! better. I have never really got into SE4 properly, especially since building on planets seems so limited. Or have I missed out on something there? And the amount of population on a planet doesn't seem to make any difference to production - or is that just me?
              Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
              Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Also you could consider Galciv, which apparently has quite good AI.

Comment

I also enjoyed stars more, but it missed its update and is very old now.

Galciv has a decent AI, but to me it was not much fun.

Comment

Unfortunately, the Stars! - Supernova Genesis project appears to have been abandoned.
                    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
                    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                      Also you could consider Galciv, which apparently has quite good AI.
                      I think I've read somewhere on these boards that GalCiv doesn't have tactical combat, though. Is that right? While a lack of tactical combat doesn't make a game unplayable for me, I do enjoy taking an active role in the destruction of my opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by General Ludd
                        I actually just reinstaleld this game earlier today.

It can be alot of fun, especially in PBEM. It's the king of multiplayer 'grand' TBS, as far as I'm concerned. There's also website that's dedicated to organizing and hosting PBEM games.
                        This is the website, by the way. The community is still very active, I see. You'll find a large variety of games there - everything from competive tournaments to roleplay games.

There's a pretty interesting sounding one just about to start, actually - an 'experimental' roleplay game following the idea 'rome in space' (without the romans).

This is an EXPERIMENTAL game. With the idea born in Place-By-Committee, this game will attempt to see if it is possible for multiple empires to function as if they were a single republic style empire.

I intend to serve as Moderator, the "Republic Capital", peace keepers, etc kind of idea. The City of Rome, to the Roman Empire.

I would like for the first 4 players to serve as the founding races of the Republic.

Any other players will begin indepentantly, but have the option of remaining independant, allying with the AI or other independant players, or joining the republic. This game will not require more than 5 players, counting myself, to start, but additional humans will make the game more interesting.

An offsite forum exists for this game.
                        1 - Go to http://republic.lordexecutron.com and register.
                        2 - Join the user group entitled "Great Republic PBW Players". This will grant members access to the Great Republic PBW forums.
                        3 - Members of the Republic itself will be added to a second user group to grant access to the Republic-specific forums.
                        4 - If non-republic players form alliances, they will be given private forums, with usergroups to grant access.
                        ALL DISCUSSION TO OCCUR THERE. I WILL NOT VIEW THE PBW FORUM FOR THIS GAME AGAIN.

Dependant apon discussions with the players, a mod may be used, or may not dependant apon player wishes. Keeping this in mind, do NOT submit a race file yet.

Please, only serious and dedicated players who are willing to further develop this idea and/or mod may apply.
                        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
                        X