No announcement yet.

Society VI: Clouded Visions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Republic (or Monarchy) trade: A Republic gets the bonuses both when sending and recieving. The trading partner does not get the bonus; a Despotism recieving trade from a Republic still gets base value.

As for city building, do it spaceship style, if land is scarce, you can opt to pay a premium on the land. This could get messy though, so I'd opt for Spaced's method.
    Visit First Cultural Industries
    There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
    Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• Sent.
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

• (note to self-modify society rules with smiley's clarification about republic)

As for city building- I'm going to use my system for this game- whoever GMs next can use whatever system they like. I'll do it 1-2-1-2-etc.
        -->Visit CGN!
        -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• I am sure you know what you mean by 1-2-1-2-etc........but I am equally sure I don't know what you mean

/me (hoping Darkcloud isn't going to try to teach players how to dance )

Edit: Sent

Edit2: What benefit does the National Rifle Assosiation give?

9. National Rifle Association- The First turn of a declared war is treated like a sneak attack. Only border cities may be taken.
          By the way I read that, the player with the NRA will have no advantage over a player without the NRA as they will be able to sneak attack?
          Last edited by Sparrowhawk; December 12, 2004, 16:54.
          "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• Defensive wonder.
            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• But what's the point? Does anyone actually use declared wars, anyway?

Comment

• Sent.
                oh god how did this get here I am not good with livejournal

Comment

• Jonny- they used to use declared wars.

--
                  still need Spaced's orders
                  --
                  as for the explanation, sparrow,

Jonny- Build in A3,A4,A5,A6
                  muxec- Build in A3,A4,A5,A6

will end as

Jonny- built in A3,A5
                  muxec- built in A4,A6

It seems fair
                  -->Visit CGN!
                  -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

• Sorry, orders in the morning.

DC,

What we were talking about is this situation.

There are only 10 squares left on the map (all else has cities).

Player 1 wants to build 7
                    Player 2 wants to build 2
                    Player 3 wants to build 8
                    Player 4 wants to build 4
                    Player 5 wants to build 10
                    Player 6 wants to build 6...etc. Too many build orders, not enough space.
                    We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

• and in game 4 I processed orders in the order they came in.......first to send in orders got their cities as requested, last to send in probably missed out entirely.
                      (and assuming they sent in order, using Spaced's example above):
                      Player 1 gets 7
                      Player 2 gets 2
                      Player 3 gets 1
                      Player 4 gets 0
                      Player 5 gets 0
                      Player 6 gets 0

In game 5 Spaced prorated it, so to use his example:
                      Player 1 gets 7/37 * 10 = 2
                      Player 2 gets 2/37 * 10 = 0
                      Player 3 gets 8/37 * 10 = 2
                      Player 4 gets 4/37 * 10 = 1
                      Player 5 gets 10/37 * 10 = 3
                      Player 6 gets 6/37 * 10 = 2

Obviously both of the above examples depend on where the squares are available, and who has common borders to the available squares (though in this map with the wrap around sides, this is much less of a problem).
                      "Clearly I'm missing the thread some of where the NFL actually is." - Ben Kenobi on his NFL knowledge

Comment

• The intention for the National Rifle Association:

After the first turn of a sneak attack, the following turn becomes the first turn of a declared war.
                        Visit First Cultural Industries
                        There are reasons why I believe mankind should live in cities and let nature reclaim all the villages with the exception of a few we keep on display as horrific reminders of rural life.-Starchild
                        Meat eating and the dominance and force projected over animals that is acompanies it is a gateway or parallel to other prejudiced beliefs such as classism, misogyny, and even racism. -General Ludd

Comment

• But how is that different then a sneak attack?

If someone does a sneak attack, the following turn is the first turn of the declared war?

Or am I missing the point (as I suspect I am)?

Comment

• sent.

Comment

• Is the next turn also subject to sneak attack restrictions?

Comment

• *Edit*

People need to build more wonders...

We have two super-wonder powerhouses here and no challengers really to speak of...
                                -->Visit CGN!

Comment

Working...
                                X