Vampire: Bloodlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trajanus
    It's pretty **** though that if you shoot at an enemy and your cursor is over the enemy's head you'll miss simply because you don't have the skill points. That's not very realistic isn't it. And it spoils the game.
    It would be better to give some extras like faster reload, possibility to use heavier weapons and things like that
    In an FPS I'd agree, but there is nothing wrong with it in these FPS/RPG hybrids. Your character aims where the crosshair is, and he doesn't always hit it.

Comment

I don't know how to update my NVIDIA Geforce 4 4200 Go drivers. I went to the web site and thought I did and installed it but when I checked the settings the last driver update date was still a long time ago.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Yes, Apocalypse, that is precisely the problem I had. The thing about it is, if you read the list of cards that the driver on nVidia site supports, there are no Go cards there (at least there weren't last I checked, which was August or so), so when you install the driver, nothing actually happens. (Well, I don't know if that is *the* reason, but I found that's what happens.) So, basically, you want to go to the site of the manufacturer of your laptop, and get the drivers from there, if they have them. For instance, my laptop is a Toshiba, and on the toshiba site, there haven't been any updates since like 2001, so I get my drivers from Dell, which is not exactly a good thing, but it works.
        XBox Live: VovanSim
        xbox.com (login required)
        Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
        Spore page

Comment

Ok, did that. It worked (though it's kinda choppy) and then I got an error about virtual memory being too low.
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Found a few more reviews that have this classified as a cross between Deus Ex and Morrowind.

I really really really have to get this. Drooling on one's keyboard gets a little embarassing when one has co-workers in close proximity.

Comment

Yeah, from what I can tell, it is really fun. It is just taking forever. I just need more RAM and maybe a better processor.

Comment

To improve performance in Half-Life 2, you can choose to play the game in DX 8.1, DX 8 or even DX 7, instead of DX9. Since both games use the same engine, maybe it works for Vampire: Bloodlines also? For more details, check out the HL2 performance guide on Gamspot. The link is in the HL2 thread. Hope this can help.
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Thanks. I'll look into it once I have some time to sift through that thread.

Comment

Here

You just have to click on directX
                    Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

Meh...I ended up messing around today with some Army stuff (looking into branches) instead of messing with this...I'm just busy.

Comment

Sounds fascinating.

Comment

Well, I set the virtual memory higher and that allowed me to load a new section. I didn't do the directX thing right apparently since it's still fairly slow. I accidently killed a guy to instead of talking to him and police started firing. The game slowed down too much so I said screw it for now.

Comment

Well, I am at home now and installed it on a better computer. It works and the game is great. Probably near the level of Fallout and Arcanum in terms of atmosphere. At least so far anyway, I don't think I'm too far along. Combat is fine. Can get a little repetitive, but not nearly as much as KOTOR's so it's all good. There are some really good fights. The quests are pretty varied too. The dialog is just awesome too.

Comment

How does the dialogue works? Is it entirely spoken or are there accompanying subtitles?
                              Who is Barinthus?

Comment

Everything is spoken (well, not the player dialogis acc). The subtitles are optional. I have them on, though what they say is very clear. The choices you make can really affect the conversation and some quests might not be open in terms of what you say. There are various social skills to accomplish what you want to in dialog in various ways such as intimidation or persuasion.

Comment

Working...
                                X