SP2: DRosesDARs' UberChina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SP2: DRosesDARs' UberChina

UberChina v1.2 has been corrupted by the evil savegame and Billion Man Army bugs.

/me waits until patch v1.3 comes out...
    Last edited by DRoseDARs; November 14, 2004, 23:11.
    The cake is NOT a lie. It's so delicious and moist.

The Weighted Companion Cube is cheating on you, that slut.

Tass, you have to zoom in REALLY close and keep clicking the map until you highlight the island nation in question. Also, be aware the some of the larger land-based countries have teensy-weensy island provinces that will remain free when you "conquer" a country but don't bother selecting Occupy Territory. Make sure you remove any army that you DO NOT split into upteen-million little units from the country in question. Another thing that'll help is to start from zoomed out and slowly zoom in until you can first see the blue stars representing capitals. STOP!!! Then scroll around the map in an area, hunting for those capitals. Countries whose captial provinces have become occupied will move their capitals until all of their provinces are under someone else's control. They will even move them to those teensy-weensy island provinces that are hard to find, hence hunting for the blue stars at the first zoom level that they're visible.

Someone mentioned a theory that the Annex bug results from the country in question has undeployed units that it tries to deploy, but no longer has a capital to deploy to, thus crashing the game. I think the thread that lists the fixes in v1.2 mentions that.

Comment

I've toyed with the idea, but what's involved? Who do you want to play as? I'd be happy with any of the big four: Jesusland, Neo-USSR, UberChina, or Indiastan. Maybe even the South African Union.

Comment

I figure as long as we're on seperate continents (Eurasia, not Europe and Asia ) it'd be good for divying-up the planet.

Let's see, how about:
        -Eurasia (including Malta and Cyprus)
        -Australasia/Oceania (including Malaysia, excluding Taiwan and Japan)
        -Africa (including Egypt and all those tiny island provinces owned by European powers in the South Atlantic and Indian Ocean)
        -North America (including the Caribbean and Greenland)
        -South America

You can have a contiguous territory from Iceland to New Zealand and I'll take the Americas and Africa?

Comment

Oh, and if niether of us chooses the US, Hawai'i will be free (home of the exiled United States Nationalists) since it's out in the middle of the ocean. Good place for neutral territory and tropical drinks.

Comment

I'll go the easy route: United States. I don't see Jamaica conquering jack this milennia.

Comment

Unfortunately, I have to go to work now.

I'll be back sometime after 8pm pacific (9pm your time?). In the meantime, tell me what I need to do to set it up. I've no clue. Confession: I've never played multiplayer before, well, not since ages ago for Moo2 with a friend during middleschool.

Comment

SP2?

First law of acronyms: Use the full name of whatever you are talking about at least once, preferrably in the title of the thread.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Playing Superpower 1 for now

Maybe you could give details on the game your playing. I see Golem is hard at work on another patch and should be out soon. Also some are already working on mods for better game play. Hope you guys gives the word on how its going . Should have my copy soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                    SP2?

First law of acronyms: Use the full name of whatever you are talking about at least once, preferrably in the title of the thread.
                    Very well, heathen.

SuperPower2 is the game.

Comment

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Comrade Tassadar
                        DRose, would you like to play a game with me? We could conquer the world...together
                        When's the ceremony?

Comment

.... and does Ben Kenobi know about this?

Comment

We tried, but my computer was being insolent and wouldn't connect. I tired hosting, then Tass tried hosting, then I tried again, then he tried again. We gave up until another day; I'm going to have to look at my firewall settings and see if something needs to be changed.

We spent so much time trying to set it up that I forgot about this thread till now. It's nearly 5am here, 6am for Tass, so I'll update that first post later. Besides, with patch v1.2 coming soon I'm going to kill my current run in favor of a newer, less buggy run. Any multiplayer game we set up will have a seperate thread. UberChina is mine and mine alone. I've already conquered the planet, so I'm not about to share. Only the Annex bug and a phantom unit on Saint Vincent and the Grenedines in the Caribbean stand in my way.

Comment

Open the game port, or if using a router redirect packets coming in on the game port to your internal IP.

Comment

Working...
                              X