ComboMod V3 out for UFO:Aftermath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ComboMod V3 out for UFO:Aftermath

Players have made a mod for UFO:Aftermath.
    Includes Etherals, and other things like Human Raiders or something helping out the Aliens (Grays).

Also ToughAlien Mod can be downloaded making the game very much more difficult (suggest you beat the game on Hard Difficulty before tackling this mod).

Also version 1.4 patch to patch 1.3 to 1.4 version out, or full version 1.4 patch to patch from (I am guessing here) version 1.1 or something like that.
    (some people have had trouble with the full version 1.4 patch, so most have patched from version 1.3 patch up with the partial version 1.4 patch, so the end battle does not crash). (also fixes slowdown in game later on, and other things.

Can be found at Cenega or the fan site website where the mods are at:

ComboMod details:

Mod download page:

Just run one mod at a time but First Person Camera Mod can be used by any mod. (well, i guess you can combine Mods as long as they do not conflict for the game == like ComboMod, ToughAlien Mod, and First Person Camera Mod, as well as some others, I guess)!

ComboMod offers new weapons, new aliens, new human enemies, and such (can read about it over there at the link!)
    Last edited by Raion; November 7, 2004, 16:49.

"And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
    "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
    2004 Presidential Candidate
    2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

I never got around to Aftermath because of that video card problem I had. I have a better system now, but Aftermath is not high on my list.

Comment

There are a few stragglers still to the game, and well, it can be a break between some other games, I guess.

Some girls (ladies) are playing it now, well, a couple at least, perhaps, more. Who knows?

Comment

And now the player also has the 'chainsaw' weapon, and also the Human Raiders to combat, and the SpecOps, and the Mutants, and the Hybrids, and with different mods, even a more enhanced geosphere, but I have not used that one, as some mods lower on the mod page are probably just about too old to use with the version 1.3 or 1.4 patch of the game. But combining some mods can be done, as I guess they have indicated, on that fan site of the game UFO:Aftermath.

At least it came out, and the next game will be better, XCOM did not!
          But elements of XCOM were added by the modding community!

And start a new game profile for the Mods game!

Some crashes are/still given ways around those -- like turn off Shadows for the video card, and others all handled mainly by Altar and the threads on the game forum site: http://forum.ufo-aftermath.com/

I never really had much of a problem with the game, and now with 512mB of memory, it does help to have memory for the game!
          Next game will be better as it won't be handled on a shoestring budget -- well, a little more money will be spent on it!
          UFO:Aftershock!

Let's not get into the XCOM debate here. XCOM is, I guess, done!
          Last edited by Raion; November 7, 2004, 16:53.

Comment

Interesting, I reinstalled the game not more than two weeks ago and am playing it again. What a coincidence.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I think these guys got bored with Hard Difficulty, but I really did not have any time to help out, so, I lost my Squaddies in the first mission -- I tell you how, but then where would be the fun.

Anyway, it may take some time to get use to it.
              I am not really sure all that they did, so it may take some getting use to -- to play the ComboMod -- which is a combination of some of the other mods on that Mods' page.

But First Person Camera view is nice, except one time there was something in the hallway of a base, but I could not see anything, so I just put it back in the other folder where all the Mods and Patches are for the game.

But it sure is nice for the scenary missions, and the cities, and such!

Even the Base looked cool with the fans in the walls, but maybe it just some typo or something -- hard to say, since unzipping that gamedata.vfs file I only did once, and then I did not have any time to figure it out or do anything with it.
              At least some Modding Tools came out, but then the person had to use Milkshape, or something to do the images, since they can not include anything for that -- due to licenses of the software -- like probably 3D something or other program whatever that expensive program is used to make the graphics in the game.

So..........................
              I lost my Squaddies, first mission, went back to the regular game by just deleting that ComboMod *.vfs file, so I put it in, and start a new profile for a game, or take it out of the UFO:Aftermath main folder, so it depends on which game I want to play. But it is just switching it out or into the game by putting it in the game folder.

Comment

All I had to do to win my first game was to equip everyone with sniper rifles. They ruled with their range and damage. You didn't want to get close to some of those creatures anyway.
                "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)

Comment

Not the best weapon inside bases or ufo's though.
                  Actually, you would be dead with an all-sniper force in those situations. That being said, my current force has sniper rifles (and neostad shotguns in their backpack).

Tis a shame that the "more fair awarding of experience" of 1.4 still gives experience points to soldiers shooting the ground with a shotgun. Seems a stupid activity to award experience points to - especially given the overwhelming amount of experience someone can earn with a backpack full of shotgun shells.

I had one soldier equipped with grenades. He went through the entire map and killed every transgenant. He got enough experience to get to level 2.
                  I had the other soldier with a shotgun and many spare clips. He shot the ground continuously and didn't help the "team" reach any objectives at all, really. He got enough experience to get to level 4.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I did alright in bases except for the time a fire beetle was hiding behind a door and flamed my whole group. After that I made adjustments. My X-Com strategies usually worked.

I never tried the shotgun trick. I'll have to give it a shot ( ).

Comment

Well, Skanky Burns, I guess I forgot all about that kind of stuff. But, then, these other mods are harder to play against, maybe even with raising the experience level of the squaddie.
                      I know whoever goes into the pilot's square gets awarded points.
                      ??

Comment

I saw this for £10 in my local store a few days ago, an each time i do see it i wonder if it can be as good fun as xcom........then i look at the 3d type graphics and i think 'probably not'........am i wrong? as i might pick it up if it adds anything to the xcom experience other than a fancy graphic update?
                        'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Comment

I don't actually play the game with my super-soldiers shooting shotguns - I have started a new game and the only time they shoot is when an alien is in range. Still, I wonder what exactly my people get experience for.

The game is not XCom. It has no economic management at all, for instance. The combat is certainly in the spirit of XCom though, and well worth playing the game for.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                            Not the best weapon inside bases or ufo's though.
                            Actually, you would be dead with an all-sniper force in those situations. That being said, my current force has sniper rifles (and neostad shotguns in their backpack).

Tis a shame that the "more fair awarding of experience" of 1.4 still gives experience points to soldiers shooting the ground with a shotgun. Seems a stupid activity to award experience points to - especially given the overwhelming amount of experience someone can earn with a backpack full of shotgun shells.

I had one soldier equipped with grenades. He went through the entire map and killed every transgenant. He got enough experience to get to level 2.
                            I had the other soldier with a shotgun and many spare clips. He shot the ground continuously and didn't help the "team" reach any objectives at all, really. He got enough experience to get to level 4.
                            That sounds lame. I guess you'll have to ignore your tendency to abuse in any way possible and just play fairly.

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                              The game is not XCom. It has no economic management at all, for instance. The combat is certainly in the spirit of XCom though, and well worth playing the game for.
                              I am pretty tempted to take a look. It's just I always have so many games I want to play these days, due to diminished gaming time.

Comment

Working...
                              X