Roller Coaster Tycoon 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roller Coaster Tycoon 3

This came out last week. Anybody play it?

My wife purchased it for us, we loved 1 but never played 2.

3 is alright so far, we havne't played too much.

Major slowdowns on my pc: P4 1.7, 768RDRAM Radeon9200. If I try to place anything remotely complicated (as in over probably 6 squares large) the game nearly dies and I have to wait for it to catch up to my mouse moves. Will have to try reducing settings from medium (what the game detected) as well as dumping the background progs running (I neglected to do so earlier)

Its pretty nifty rotating the map around and zooming in and out. Now, if only it would run smoothly.

Not sure about the "coaster view" seems a waste of programming time to me, but I'm sure some will like it

I've got it, but haven't had too much time to play it so far. What I have seen is that there is an amazing level of detail in some of the settings. You can figure out how much ice should be added to drinks if you really want to! It seems like they made the micromanagement even deeper if you want it, but you can play fine without it.
    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

I've got it (bought it about a week ago) and like it... It runs fine on my system, though could run better... but at least I'm able to play it...

I haven't had much time to play for now, but I'm having more time now than I had 4 days ago...

The coaster cam is great (if the game runs smoothly) because it helps you find the worst parts of the coasters, so you can fix it and make it better

But apparently there's an annoying bug in the game: People wont try rides that are too far away from other rides, even though the ride is free and they're walking next to the entrence. I've seen this twice for now. The first time was in the first Western scenario, where I built some nice coaster with stats like this: excitement: ~6 intense: ~4 nausea: ~4. After playing for 1 hour, only one person had tried the ride. The ride is free, and there's always people walking around the entrence, but they don't seem to see it
      The second time this happened was in the Racing scenario, where I built a racing track somewhere far away... people walked over to it, walked pass the entrence, but they never tried it... this one was free too

Oh, and what's the bug about sometimes the excitement rates goes down for coasters? In the Racing scenario I built a coaster with about the same rides as the other one, but when the VIP came in, the stats went down to below 1 (for all stats), so while the VIP was visiting I couldn't get anybody else to try the coaster
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

But one thing I hate about the game, is that it doesn't ship with pre-made free-play "scenarios"... the editor doesn't give the options I need, so making a descent scenario takes too long... Among the missing features is the option to change the entrence to the park... I know it's possible, since some of the career missions has it...

Comment

Originally posted by ZargonX
          I've got it, but haven't had too much time to play it so far. What I have seen is that there is an amazing level of detail in some of the settings. You can figure out how much ice should be added to drinks if you really want to! It seems like they made the micromanagement even deeper if you want it, but you can play fine without it.
          Yeah, that's bizarre.

What are the implications of allowing customers to use the amount of ice they want?

What are the implications of letting customers have a lemon in their coke?

Too Much for me to figure out.

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio

But apparently there's an annoying bug in the game: People wont try rides that are too far away from other rides, even though the ride is free and they're walking next to the entrence. I've seen this twice for now. The first time was in the first Western scenario, where I built some nice coaster with stats like this: excitement: ~6 intense: ~4 nausea: ~4. After playing for 1 hour, only one person had tried the ride. The ride is free, and there's always people walking around the entrence, but they don't seem to see it
            The second time this happened was in the Racing scenario, where I built a racing track somewhere far away... people walked over to it, walked pass the entrence, but they never tried it... this one was free too
            Happened to me too. I had to build a somewhat winding path to get to a coaster, a bit distant from everything else (wound below the ramp to another) and no one realized it was there.

Maybe a marketing campaign is in order? Who knows.

Comment

Good news, there's a patch in the works!

With lots of fixes, like making those peeps visit rides more often (in different ways)

You can download the beta, but I haven't done so yet, since I'm not sure if this only works for the cd version of the game...

Comment

Well, I'll hold out for the full patch, which I'm sure they'll have ready soon. It's really sad, though, because they clearly knew of all these problems (many of which are quite serious) and still shoved the game out the door anyway. Guess the Infogrames' methods don't change no matter what they call themselves...
                I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Yeah, they should have waited a month or two with the game...

And from reading more of the thread I've seen this patch (yes, it's beta I know) is only avaliable for the US CD version...

Most people are also tired of the fact that employees can now quit the job, which they do often

Comment

Desperately needs a patch

I didn't know the employees could quit. That sucks.

Comment

Yeah, I have no idea why they even included that in the first place...

I would say there should be a "staff manager" who hires new people if someone quits... or from the players view: employees don't quit

And what's the deal about being able to "upgrade" employees. Such micromanagement is not fun in a game like this...

Comment

I bought this recently, but havent installed it yet.
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

The bumps are getting further and further back. You should try to find my classic Sunday gamer threads.

Comment

theyve all been absolutely relevant though. I really WAS looking at dling "A force more powerful", I did DL M&B, and I do own RCT3.
                            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

You don't have to justify yourself.

Comment

Working...
                              X