No announcement yet.

MoM favourites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Warlord Myrror and mostly life and 1 blue (and maybe 1 green) and Draconians. I really like exploring with a heroic draconian swordsman early on.
    “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

I like to play Myrran, Chaos only or Chaos&Life, as Draconians or Dark Elves.

Playing Dark Elves is real cool, nothing beats the warlocks' lightning bolt, add to that adamantium melee weapons

Comment

All sorcery,highmen.
        Best regards,

Comment

All sorcery always seemed to lack attack spells for me.

Comment

I've just tried my first couple games in like 8 years.

I've been going all Death, 11 books. Build up my starting city with the religous enhancments, cast dark ritual. Then once I get a Parthenon built I convert my two starting units to Werewolves with Lycanthropy and start hunting for nodes, lairs and cities.

I think 2 movement paired with regeneration is pretty nice. You can hit them then keep running away to heal. Plus weapon immunity to boot.

Comment

Hello everyone.

I LOVE MoM. It has to be my favorite civ-like.
              But I wonder: how the hell do you make this game run under Windows XP?

Comment

It certainly doesn't run on my machine (Win XP). I'm not sure, but I think I used to play it on this setting at some point. Oh, and there are DOS emulators out there, also for Win XP. Don't ask me for names.

Comment

I right clicked on the file, went to Properties, then Memory, switched EMS Memory from None to Auto.

Comment

I've tried memory business before, it never helped.

Comment

Here's a really good writeup on how to get Master of Orion running; all the same stuff should apply to Master of Magic (by the way, I can run it either directly under windows with no sound, or with DosBox and sound).

Comment

Working...
                      X