MMORPG - The Daedalus project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MMORPG - The Daedalus project

Online Research of MMORPG's. Studies, Essays, Forums. MMORPG Research. By Nicholas Yee.

Anyone that in interested in the genre (and anyone who doesn't see why these games are popular) should check out this amazing site. There is a wide range of material, including discussions of raids and raid tactics, group behaviour and conflict, PVP stories, discussions of buying in game items with real money, and some crazy stories from MMORPG players.

One guy spent 5 months in a 9 player guild only to discover that the other 8 players were 1 player who was 8-boxing!

Particularly interesting are frank discussions of gaming addiction (with real testimonies) and a look at what are the causes and effects.

Top stuff.

Nice find.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Did you find time to read any of it before that +1?

Comment

Of course. I'm not going to praise a thread with no real content.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Re: MMORPG - The Daedalus project

Originally posted by DrSpike

One guy spent 5 months in a 9 player guild only to discover that the other 8 players were 1 player who was 8-boxing!

Classic.
          Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Working...
          X