No announcement yet.

Leisure Suit larry: Magna *** Laude

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That doesn't come as a suprise... since the gameplay has changed from the point and click adventure to the "mindless minigames". But what the game is about haven't changed IMHO, since the game is about the humor...
    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

I agree its definitely a wrench from the past in playing style, but what do you expect when they're looking for a way to grab the console generation?

Its averaging around 72/100 in the mainstream ratings which I think is fair. The game has flaws but is selling/renting enough copies to be a small commercial success. If that gets them the backing for a more ambitious MCL2 with more exploration and clever moves to make between minigames then I'm going to be delighted.

Al Lowe is critical about it but I think the essence of the humour remains the same, even if it can be criticised for being more crude and direct at times (what do they expect after 7-8 years, have they seen movies lately?)
      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
      H.Poincaré

Comment

Doesn't sound all that enticing. The old games were funny *and* there was an actual game.

Comment

Heh. Apparently some of the content was too mature for the Australian censory commision thingummy.
          The couple of on-line sites I sometimes buy through have removed all advertisements.
          Not that I care either way but Sierra could probably rack up the sales a bit with "Banned in Australia" labels all over the box.

Comment

Damn prudish Aussies.

Comment

There is certainly gratuitous use of the F*** word in places as well as generally lewd plotlines, but that was a trend Al started with Love for Sail.
              To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
              H.Poincaré

Comment

Originally posted by Adagio
                Oh, and be carefull about hitting beer or matinis when talking, it's makes it more diffecult to aim your little guy

Mixing drinks/spank a girl (Be very quick about hitting the arrow keys, when they flash on the screen)
                Originally posted by Ted Striker
                I'd hit it.
                I played a couple of Larry games on the Amiga, but I didn't think they were that great. I don't think I'll be taking a look at this one, although Shame of the Month is a definite plus in my book. [mutters about games magazines and their target audiences]

Comment

Larry games are great when you're 10 years old

I loved 1, 2 and 3, 5 got too hard, 6 I can't remember and 7 was too much (too much sex, and too cartoony)

I prefer it when Larry is more realistic and serious, it's much more funny that way. This seems to happen to all good adventure games - they go cartoonish - stupid game companies, they only seem to know how to screw a good game up but think they're making it better!
                  be free

Comment

I've never played the earlier Larry games... the first Larry game I played was Larry 6, which was great, but I liked Larry 7 much more. I had hoped they would have included the game played in Larry 7 in this new Larry game, but they didn't
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

As a fan of the original LSL I really wanted to like this game. But alas, the humor seems built for 12 year olds just beginning to awaken to their true horny selves. It just isn't NAUGHTY anymore. Leisure Suit Larry is supposed to be almost pure cheesecake meant for 12 year olds, not actual grown men.

I don't think the cartoonish graphics hurt the games though, check out the art in the LSL1 remake which is simply fantastic. Also, maybe I'm crazy, but I think the writing in Sierra adventure games began to suffer from Space Quest V on. If it's the same to everyone else, I'll continue to think of LSL as a trilogy

Comment

Yes the last decent game was Gabriel Knight 3, and that wasn't as good as Gabriel Knight 2.

Comment

Working...
                        X