Games for GameCube

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Games for GameCube

I've just recently got a Gamecube. What games would any people here recomend for me to get?

I've also got an xbox - so i'm not interested in the cross platform games(unless the gamecube version is better ).

I got it as i was getting board with many of the 'western' type games getting released these days. I've never had a japanese(eastern) games platform before, but have heard good things about their games. So give me some suggestions as i'm no expert on this platform

oh i've already got 'The Legend of Zelda - Collector's Edition'.
    'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Bush's Republican=Neo-con for all intent and purpose. be afraid.

Metroid Prime (Metroid Prime 2 to be released soon also)
    Super Smash Bros:Melee, good single player, great multiplayer
    Mario Kart: Double Dash, see above
    Paper Mario 2, an RPG coming out soon.
    Pikmin, strategyesque puzzley thing
    Pikmin 2, see above

They are all exclusive.
    I changed my signature

Comment

ok thanks, a good mix of genres there

I guess i got it for the console rpg's and odd titles like Harvest moon and Animal crossing, trying to get a different flavour in my gaming

I've noticed the gamecube makes quite a bit of noise when accessing its cd/dvd(i dont even know which ) , atleast compared to my xbox or pc(s).

I'v heard this critisism of the Playstation before, but is this normal for the Cube?
      'The very basis of the liberal idea – the belief of individual freedom is what causes the chaos' - William Kristol, son of the founder of neo-conservitivism, talking about neo-con ideology and its agenda for you.info here. prove me wrong.

Comment

Mario kart: Double Dash is far and away my favorite gamecube game but I haven't played too many. It is practically the perfect game except for one thing - it can be a little easy in single player mode. Everything else is great though co-op racing mode(good if you want to play with females), multiplayer racing, and battle mode.
        Eschewing obfuscation and transcending conformity since 1982. Embrace the flux.

Comment

I picked up eternal darkness:sanitys requiem for £6 and got about 12 hours of play out of it.

The little dvd thing makes a fair amount of noise when it is loading stuff, but otherwise nice and quiet (or at least I dont notice it)
          Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Baten Kaitos is an RPG that is looking to be quite excellent. Coming out in December, I believe.
            I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

F-Zero GX if you like racing games that are very fast paced. The ability to memorise the various tracks becomes essential, so if this sounds unappealing, stick to Mario Kart.

Super Monkey Ball or its sequel, which provides great arcade gameplay and fun mini-games.

Ikaruga if you love scrolling shooters. Requires a lot of practice to become any good.
              Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

Do you have Zelda: Wind Waker?

Comment

Wow, how many consoles do you need?

Comment

I have the X-Box, wife has the Gamecube... I generally stick to the PC, as the wife is either a) watching tv, or b) playing Super Mario Sunshine... which is actually rather fun.

I want the Zeldas and Metroid... I also saw Ninja Gaiden!...don't know if it is as good as the first.
                    Monkey!!!

Comment

Eternal Darkness is a fine, fine game. It is, however, developed by the British Silicon Knights, and might not be the best for an "Eastern" style game. (It's also kinda easy, but dang, the style is great.).

If you want a straight-up Console-style RPG, there is Tales of Symphonia. It's got kind of a hybrid battle system that isn't for everybody, but I liked it. It's good fun.
                      All syllogisms have three parts.
                      Therefore this is not a syllogism.

Comment

Eternal Darkness and Metroid Prime are good.

Metroid Prime is a unique FPS, drawing a lot of inspiration from the old Metroid games.

Eternal Darkness is a rare thing; a game for grown-ups. After the dodgy controls and logic-free puzzles of the Resident Evil series, it's a real gem.

I strongly recommend Viewtiful Joe as well. It's like playing a Saturday morning cartoon. And it's really tough as well.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                          Wow, how many consoles do you need?
                          two?

The only other console i've ever owned was an atari2600, so as part of my gaming education, i've decided to see what the fuss was about with these new contraptions.

On xbox i've found a handfull of what are IMHO good games. But many recent/upcoming titles just seem uninspired to me, or offer little in the way of value and replayability.

So i went for the Cube as it also has a handfull of great games(exclusive to it), and i've heard good things about japanese games

Thanks for the great suggestions so far

My list of Cube games to get is now:

1: Animal Crossing
                          2: Harvest Moon(might get the 'girl' edition for my other half)
                          3: The Legend of Zelda: The Windwalker
                          4: Metroid Prime
                          5: Pikmin2
                          6: Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
                          7: Paper Mario
                          8: Mario Kart(my arcade hit )

Its a cute looking machine - small + compact
                          Last edited by child of Thor; October 14, 2004, 15:07.

Comment

On xbox i've found a handfull of what are IMHO good games. But many recent/upcoming titles just seem uninspired to me, or offer little in the way of value and replayability.
                            12th Nov. get Pro Evolution Soccer 4 for XBox Seriously, if you like football games you'll love it. Forever.

Ikaruga is an excellent game, I've got it on Dreamcast but don't bother if you don't like scrolling shooters.
                            Call to Power 2: Apolyton Edition - download the latest version (12th June 2011)
                            CtP2 AE Wiki & Modding Reference
                            One way to compile the CtP2 Source Code.

Comment

well i've not been able to find information to contradict me, but ProEvo4 is an arcade football game right? Like Fifa?
                              I'm a ChampionshipManager football fan, i really can't play an actual game of football to the same degree i can manage a game of football.
                              I've heard it is very good - maybe the best of its kind, but i get my kicks from more management type football titles.
                              But if, strangely, as i get older i find the need to relive my sensible soccer and kick-off days, then your reccomendation will be acted upon

oh and 'Zelda - Orcarina of Time' is an amazing game that i'd completely missed out on, loving it so far

Zelda and Zelda2 are fun just to see where the games have advanced to, but a bit too retro for me to really get into
                              Last edited by child of Thor; October 15, 2004, 18:20.

Comment

Working...
                              X